Manager of Product Owners
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This Agile specific Manager within the Product Management organization is responsible for leading a team of Agile Product Owners and Product Management Engineers that, in turn, work with Product Managers to break down product roadmap items into tasks stories for delivery by the Agile Scrum teams.
In addition, as a Community of Practice (CoP) Manager, you are the leader that supports Product Owners and Product Management Engineers with their career development together with providing leadership and mentoring for success in Agile methodology.
- Employee management including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and hiring for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Coach team members to ensure that Agile/Scrum ceremonies events are executed in an optimal manner.
- Ensure that the Product Owner team is able to perform Epic decomposition and Story writing so that Scrum Agile teams can execute with clarity.
- Ensure that the Product Management Engineer team delivers appropriate go-to-market collateral aligned with product strategy, features and releases.
- Coach Product Owners in working with Product Management, clarifying business requirements and understanding the priorities for Scrum Agile team intake.
- Coach team members on how to own, maintain, and prioritize the agile product backlog.
- Build a Community of Practice around Agile values and principles for the program so that expertise can be shared to overcome challenges, thereby continuously improving the way Agile is implemented.value delivery.
- Perform regular one on ones with team members, providing career guidance and identification of training needs.
- Stay up-to-date on related industry trends and Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrates effective team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills.
- Demonstrated working experience with an Agile scaling framework such as the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe (preferred) or similar. or Agile methodology and utilizing Agile practices.
- Strong facilitation skills within teams and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Experience resolving issues with between team members or other functional groups.
- FBe familiarity with modern software CI / CD practices including test driven development a plus.
- Experience with Agile tools Lifecycle Management tools such as Jira, AgileCraft or similar.
- 15+ years of related experience with a bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, business management or related disciplines; or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in managing teams onf the order of 8-15 members.
- Certified Product Owner certification such as CSPO or SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top