Manager- Network Engineering
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Provides management for network infrastructure and systems functions supporting Silverline services. Manages a team of network engineering professionals.
- Accountable for deployment, maintenance, and execution of procedures for a highly effective and reliable large scale network infrastructure.
- Coordinate & communicate among various groups regarding Silverline services and projects to ensure the highest levels of network reliability and scalability.
- Employee management including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; provides input into budgeting.
- Evaluates and reviews new technologies on their applicability to product architecture and design.
- Manages employees in two or more locations multiple regions as well as other managers or senior level network engineers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Network protocols in all layers of the OSI networking model
- Expert design skills for local and wide area networks, routing, sequestering and traffic flows over wireless and wired media
- Expert in router, switch, protocol gateways and firewall operational principles
- Hands-on expert in router and switching configuration
- Develops testing standards for performance evaluation of equipment and contracted services such as MPLS and Internet
- Fully able to coach junior engineers in new or unfamiliar topics such as IPv6 network design
- Accurately scopes project requirements in terms of deliverables, labor hours, skillset requirements, timelines and risks
- Sets and maintains expectations for team contributions to all efforts from managed projects to short term efforts
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, network engineering or any other technical/engineering discipline or
- 12+ years in service design, deployment, delivery, maintenance and system capacity experience
- 3+ years management experience
- 4+ years in architecting and designing efficient, reliable, highly-available networking solutions
- 2+ years of network security implementation
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top