Manager, Enhanced Services
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Enhanced Services manager is a key member of the Support management team providing direct supervision to a combination of Service Delivery Managers, Enterprise Account Engineers (EAE), and Enterprise Network Engineers (ENE). They are responsible overall team management, are accountable for the global consistency of our Enhanced Services offerings. Manager of Enhanced Services is a key contact and leader for our most valuable customers. . This responsibility requires the Manager to interact with the customers and other internal F5 people on high profile and high impacting events during intense and acute situations. They are accountable for operational results as defined in F5's Quality Management System (QMS). In our matrix managed environment, the role of the Manager requires interaction across multiple Global Network Support Center locations requiring leadership skills to address both immediate operational actions and strategic collaboration in line with F5 policies and Quality Management System. The Enhanced Services manager provides guidance and support to cross-team initiatives relative to improvements in F5's enhanced services offerings, operations systems and process improvements
- Be a leader for the Global Enhanced Services Team.
- Acting as an escalation point, as required, to ensure our most valuable customers' issues are resolved.
- Employee management including but not limited to interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Regularly interacts with other leaders within and outside of F5 gaining cooperation and solutions for the team and customers.
- Manage customer interaction by coordinating communication internally and externally and directing issues to resolution.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction on all support related interactions by managing the team to the processes and standards outlined in F5's Quality Management System.
- Contribute to process and infrastructure improvement.
- They may assist in the Service Sales process in helping customers see the value of our Enhanced Services offerings.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record in managing and developing employees
- Ability to work in a dynamic, matrix-managed environment across local, regional, and global offices
- Knowledge of common support center metrics and ability to manage teams to key performance indicators
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Experience with case management ticketing systems, workforce management programs a plus
- Experience managing advanced enterprise customer situations relating to Support and System availability Must be able to relay complex technical issues to a wide range of audience
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral)
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative team environment
- 7 years management experience in a technical support role
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Experience in a technical support role a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Regular travel is required and being able to represent F5 in complex customer facing meetings and relationship building.
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10%-20% of the time spent traveling.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top