Manager, Corporate Development
- Seattle, WA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world! We are an exciting company and the Corporate Development team is making an important impact on the direction of the company.
This is a unique position requiring the best of a skilled Corporate Development professional. We are seeking a talented, experienced, and committed individual with a winning attitude, a proven history of demonstrating initiative, and a personal style that encourages collaboration and helps others thrive. You will be a key individual contributor on a small Corporate Development team where you will serve an essential role in evaluating potential acquisitions. You will create the financial models that underwrite our transactions, design, and perform the key analysis that informs our decisions, and lead large cross-functional teams throughout the transaction's lifecycle. As such, you will play a vital role in shaping the direction of the company.
We'll look to you to demonstrate excellent organizational and project management skills, and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with minimal supervision, showing outstanding judgment, tact and communication skills in leading internal and external relationships, accommodating different work styles and shifting workloads. At F5 Networks, Corporate Development professionals excel in their ability to evaluate potential acquisition targets, build consensus on the merits of transactions, lead cross-functional teams through the acquisition process, and deliver long-term shareholder results.
- Work closely with senior executives and cross-functional teams to develop and execute M&A transactions
- Evaluate acquisitions and partnerships, performing a broad range of qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Identify trends and develop strategic frameworks and competitive landscape maps for segments of interest
- Identify potential acquisition targets and develop a point of view on the merits of different options
- Establish and nurture relationships with potential sellers, i.e. corporations, entrepreneurs, bankers, investors
- Collaborate with product group leaders, functional executives, and Finance to construct financial projections and valuation models for acquisition opportunities
- Lead cross-functional acquisition team through strategy formulation, transaction negotiation, due diligence, integration planning, and post-merger integration
- Quarterback and lead important aspects of a transaction; provide the drive, passion, enthusiasm, and focus to propose and advocate the right acquisition, and push hard to see it through to completion
- Lead due diligence activities to prove (or disprove) an acquisition hypothesis in conjunction with other team members by leading our internal and external diligence teams
- Uphold F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Prior experience of 3-4 years of relevant high-tech work experience in investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development required
- A key member of multiple M&A transactions experienced across the entire transaction lifecycle with a particular focus on executing due diligence processes
- Highly analytical with strong financial acumen, model construction, and valuation skills
- Effective communication skills in presenting recommendations to senior management
- Outstanding record of sound business judgment and advice to senior leaders
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and analyzing potential acquisitions and partnerships
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership to drive consensus and inspire an organization
- Prior experience in IT cybersecurity, networking, and/or analytics preferred
- Willingness to travel for due diligence processes (conditions generally permitting)
- MBA, or demonstrated preferred, engineering degree a plus
- High energy, positive attitude, self-starter and motivated
- Executive presence, comfortable interacting with senior business leaders
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Team player able to effortlessly lead virtual teams
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Uncompromising integrity, routinely model F5's BeF5 and LeadF5 behaviors
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top