Manager, Consulting - Japan
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Role is based in Tokyo, Japan.
Develop/Maintain/Provide a technically qualified team of Consultants and Training Managers whose mission is to enhance the sales effort of the Product Sales Team both from a pre & post sales experience.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Attract and Hire technically qualified Consultants and Trainers
- Establish a core technical competency for Consultants and trainers
- Identify new technical skills required to support the mission.
- Team with both Product and Professional Sales Teams to provide opportunities for Consulting engagements
- Review and evaluate Consultants' Professional Performance (SOWs, Work Items, Professionalism, Work Ethics, Customer and F5 Satisfaction)
- Perform Managerial Duties (Performance & Salary Reviews, Counseling, Promotions, Terminations, Recognition)
- Monitor accuracy of billable hour's submissions.
- Achieve or exceed quarterly Profit Margins (30%).
- Maintain a current level of technical prowess.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English & Japanese fluently.
- Must also be fluent in local language as this role supports our local customers.
- Multiple language skills are a plus.
- Minimum 5 years managing a consulting team
- Minimum 5 years providing consulting both onsite and remote consulting services.
- Understanding of advanced technical concepts of Networks, Architecture, Routers and Security.
- LAN & WAN knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of SOWs, technical agreements and different methods of recognizing completed work.
- Ability to communicate very technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical persons
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, read printed material, and lift heavy equipment.
Heavy regional travel is required, with up to 80% on-site work with customers and partners. Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top