Major Account Manager (Telecommunications) - Malaysia
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
This is a strategic sales position requiring an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals or overcome business challenges. Position requires strategic thinking/planning coupled with tactical execution of identified business opportunities.
Responsible for managing all facets of the relationship with named or large key accounts (of significant strategic importance to the organization), while ensuring revenue goals are being met. Maintains contact at relevant levels in the accounts focusing on strategic nature of the relationship.
Must be able to build and maintain relationships effectively and communicate at all levels. Develops opportunities across the F5 solution portfolio while effectively selling solutions and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence and build trusting relationships.
Able to partner effectively, and tactically, with Systems Integrators, large Service Providers and regional VARs based on need or required value. This is typically an individual contributor role. This is a quota carrying role.
- Primary point-of-contact for major account/(s) regardless of account's geographic location. Maintains contact with account at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
- Sell the organization's products or services to and maintains relationships with existing national named accounts. Responsible for expanding and retaining named accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
- Prepare formal proposals and presentations, present to all levels of the organization including executives, leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision making processes and overcomes objectives to closure, and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5 and its partners including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Must understand organization's business needs, develop application of products and services and communicate how F5's technical value added solutions will address those needs
- Research and develop lists of potential customers within an organization; regularly follow-up on leads and developing leads, and act to close deals
- Determine market strategies and goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives of named accounts
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Develop strategy for sustained management and success of business and coordinates resources to ensure goals are met
- Provide regular updates to senior sales and operations staff concerning account issues, financial status
- Meet and exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor degree or higher in engineering or business administration, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 8+ years of sales, sales management, channels management, or relevant experience.
- Proven track record of sales achievements.
- Skilled Communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Should be hands-on and be able to perform the function independently.
- Career-level, fully experienced with industry knowledge and senior relationships within the customer accounts.
- May be a team leader and provide leadership to the sales team focused on the strategic global or national account(s).
- Considered a trusted resource by customer base and an expert in the field.
- Has credibility to influence at senior levels within named account e.g. Senior Executive/Board/Chair.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must also be fluent in local language as this role supports our local customers.
- Multiple language skills are a plus.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top