Major Account Manager, Singapore - NGINX (NGINX Specialist)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This strategic sales position requires an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals. It requires strategic thinking coupled with tactical execution of identified business opportunities. You will be working with existing F5 Major Account Managers to identify, manage and create opportunities in the major account portfolio and responsible for managing all facets of the relationship with key accounts and key account managers. Responsible for effectively selling solutions and services using technical and customer knowledge to influence and build relationships, while working closely with Systems Integrators, large Service Providers and regional VARs. This is an both and individual contributor and overlay and quota carrying role.
- Primary point-of-contact for both account/(s) and existing F5 account managers. Maintain contact with account at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
- Sells the organization's products or services to and maintains relationships with existing national named accounts. Responsible for rapidly growing and retaining named accounts.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
- Prepares formal proposals and presentations, presents to all levels of the organization including executives, leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision-making processes and overcomes objectives to closure, and closes sales in a professional and effective manner
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5 and its partners including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Understand organization's business needs, develop application of products and services and communicate how F5's solutions will address those needs
- Determine market strategies and goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives of named accounts
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating territory strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, channel manager)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process and ensure Salesforce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Develops strategy for sustained management and success of business and coordinates resources to ensure goals are met
- Partner with internal and external teams and channels to develop creative technical solutions to improve F5's footprint and Customer dependent in account
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and is subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong negotiation and closing skills with proven ability in solution selling and presentation abilities
- Ability to work in a team with existing F5 Major Account Managers and Technical Solution Architects.
- Advanced client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Demonstrated selling skills in a complex matrix environment
- Demonstrates effective use of internal relationships and resources
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize workload, develop and lead pipeline and forecasting
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
- Requires specialized knowledge in networking products, preferably those of F5
- 8+ years of direct work experience
- BA/BS degree preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top