Major Account Manager Service Provider
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This is a strategic sales position requiring in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals. Position focuses on successfully positioning F5 products and services with current and future Managed Service Providers for their customer relationships. Primarily managed hosted services. Sales for internal applications and infrastructure may also apply. Responsible for managing all facets of the F5 relationship with the Managed Service Provider and ensuring revenue goals are being met. This position requires a strategic thinker who can execute tactically on sales opportunities across the entire F5 solution portfolio. Candidate must be able to enhance the partnership and communicate at all levels in both organizations.
- Assume a leadership role in developing and executing winning account strategies for the extended sales team. (business development, systems engineering, inside sales, and sales management)
- Develop market strategies to maximize F5 sales through the Managed Service Provider, in regards to resale and managed hosted "sell to" / "sell through" opportunities.
- Close short and long-term sales opportunities to meet and exceed quarterly sales quotas
- Expand and cultivate executive-level relationships between the Managed Service Provider and F5.
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting. Maintain updates within SalesForce.com,
- Ensure that you are the primary point-of-contact within F5 for connecting the F5 sales teams and the Managed Service Provider's account teams. This includes building a strong go to market plan with the Managed Service Provider to ensure they are working closely with their F5 counterparts.
- Develop and maintain detailed account plans and organizational charts.
- Work closely with the F5 Service Provider MAM(s) and FSE(s) that support the same customer, if applicable, to build a plan to increase services based on F5 products.
- Prepare formal proposals and presentations for all levels of the Managed Service Provider.
- Lead negotiations and coordinate complex decision making processes within Managed Service Provider
- Provide regular updates to senior sales management.
- Identify and address competitive threats pro-actively.
- Partner with internal and external teams and channels to develop innovative technical solutions to maximize F5´s footprint and Customer dependent in account
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Strong solution selling and presentation abilities
- Advanced client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Strong Influencing skills
- Demonstrated selling skills in a complex matrix environment
- Demonstrates effective use of internal relationships and resources
- Strong ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload, develop and manage pipeline and forecasting
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
- Requires specialized knowledge in networking products, preferably those of F5
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- 8+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment
- BA/BS degree preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top