Major Account Manager (NGINX Specialist Team)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world
NGINX, Inc., now proudly part of the F5 family, is the company behind NGINX, the popular open source project trusted by more than 450 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications.
We are currently searching for a Major Account Manager to join our growing NGINX Specialist Sales Team in Munich or Dusseldorf, Germany. You will be one of the first NGINX representative on the ground, selling into the DACH large enterprise market. This region includes Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
This is a customer-facing, field-based, net new business role located in Munich or Dusseldorf, Germany. The role is supported by an Enterprise Solution Architect and other internal functions at NGINX.
If you want to make a difference, work for an open source company, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your CV - we'd love to talk.
What will I be doing?
As a Major Account Manager, you will:
- Open doors and drive net-new business across large enterprise customers in the DACH region
- Promote and sell F5's NGINX solutions and services in the DACH region, with a primary focus on Financial Services, Telecommunications and Retail.
- Develop, lead, and be responsible for the large enterprise pipeline to overachieve on sales targets with both net-new and install-base accounts
- Develop and maintain long-term, executive-level relationships within large enterprises
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of NGINX's products, services, trends, and competition
- Use your sales acumen and regional knowledge to build pipeline through outbound and sales prospecting activities
- Maintain consistent communication with prospects and use available prospecting tools
- Maintain a high level of forecast accuracy
- Lead pricing and contract negotiation activities
- Grow relationships and maintain excellent levels of customer service
- Liaise with pre-sales, marketing, and engineering
- Ensure detailed reports are produced
What experience do I need?
- A consistent track record of building your own pipeline and delivering on individual sales targets
- Experience in successfully carrying and exceeding multi-million euro quotas for large enterprises
- At least 10-plus years of experience selling infrastructure based software, including cloud, cloud-native and middleware applications
- Significant experience of selling enterprise software into the applications space
- Experience with open source software and subscription sales is a significant advantage
- An understanding of the culture of DevOps is another significant advantage
- A knowledge of networking, load balancer, and Application Delivery Controller (ADC) markets; or the infrastructure and middleware markets are definite advantages
- Ability to deliver product presentations via webcasting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM tool
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in English and German is required
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
See Inside the Office of F5 Networks
Founded in 1996, F5 originally made a name for itself with load-balancing products. Since then, F5 has become a market leader and expanded its offerings to include the everything in the application delivery space—from load-balancing and acceleration to a whole host of security and authentication products, both on the cloud and at local datacenters.
Back to top