Major Account Manager - Federal (Canada)
- Woodbridge, Canada
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Desired location: Ottawa
We are seeking an Account Manager to develop, manage, and close sales opportunities within the Canadian Federal Government community. You will have the opportunity to over-achieve and earn uncapped commissions and accelerators. Your success will largely hinge on your ability to generate pipeline, qualify prospects early, drive successful technical evaluations and while aligning with appropriate executive sponsors.
We're big fans of hiring people who are not just great at what they do but also how they do it. Critical to our culture is building and maintaining a team that works well together and knows how to communicate effectively - not just within their own team, but also across peripheral teams.
F5 is headquartered in Seattle, but you will be based in Ottawa and will report to the regional sales manager within our Federal Government team in Washington D.C. This is an individual contributor role and will not manage other people.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Develop and execute territory annual account plans to achieve (and ideally exceed) individual quota responsibility.
- Lead multiple customer sales cycles and close effectively (you should be a hunter, not a sales order taker).
- Quickly learn new product(s) and clearly communicate the value proposition.
- Be able to effectively articulate use cases to address customer requirements with the help of sales engineers.
- Manage effective working relationships with Technical Sales Engineers, Consulting Professionals, Partners, and additional team members as needed.
- Develop positive relationships with key decision makers, influencers, and partners within your territory.
- Successfully operate in a fast paced, ambitious environment without requiring a lot of overhead support (You can produce your own territory plan, presentations, quotes, etc.).
- Ability to travel within your assigned territory.
- Proven track record of successfully selling new enterprise solutions (large implementations spanning multiple organizational influencers) and growing revenue through new customer acquisition.
- Team player. You will share territory and quota with one other account manager, develop strategies and lead the technical teams together.
- 8+ years of successful Federal sales experience with a focus on Technology and Solutions Selling of one or more of the following technology products: Authentication, IT Security, DEVOPS, SECOPS, DDoS, WAF, Cloud technologies.
- Experience selling into application teams in Canadian Federal Government.
- Understanding of Federal budget, buying cycle and contracting process.
- Consistent track record of surpassing sales targets.
- Strong understanding of how to grow / expand greenfield territory with incremental installed base.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with very strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to sell to emphasizing business value versus product.
- Strong ability to connect with customers by actively listening to figure out their needs.
- Enthusiasm for F5's mission and values
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top