Major Account Manager
- Washington, DC
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world
NGINX, Inc., now proudly part of the F5 family, is the company behind NGINX, the popular open source project trusted by more than 450 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices-based applications.
We are currently searching for a Major Account Manager to join our growing NGINX Specialist Sales Team in the UK.
This is a customer-facing, field-based, net new business role located in the UK. The role is supported by an Enterprise Solution Architect and other internal functions at NGINX.
If you want to make a difference, work for an open source company, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please submit your application - we'd love to talk.
What will I be doing?
As a Major Account Manager, you will:
- Open doors and drive net-new business across large enterprise customers in the UK
- Promote and sell F5's NGINX solutions and services, with a primary focus on Financial Services, Telecommunications and Retail.
- Develop and lead, the large enterprise pipeline to overachieve on sales targets with both net-new and install-base accounts
- Develop and maintain long-term, executive-level relationships with enterprise customers
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of NGINX's products, services, trends, and competition
- Use your sales and regional knowledge to build pipeline through outbound and sales prospecting activities
- Maintain consistent communication with prospects and use available prospecting tools
- Maintain a high level of forecast accuracy. Ensure detailed reports are produced
- Lead pricing and contract negotiation activities. Grow relationships and maintain excellent levels of customer service
- Liaise with pre-sales, marketing, and engineering
What experience do I need?
- A consistent track record of building your own pipeline and delivering on individual sales targets
- Experience in successfully carrying and exceeding multi-million euro quotas for large enterprises
- Significant experience selling infrastructure based software, including cloud, cloud-native and middleware applications
- Significant experience of selling enterprise software into the applications space
- Experience with open source software and subscription sales and an understanding of DevOps are significant advantages
- Knowledge of networking, load balancing, and Application Delivery Controller (ADC) markets; or the infrastructure and middleware markets are definite advantages
- Ability to deliver product presentations via webcasting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM tool
- College degree or equivalent work experience
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top