Major Account Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
At F5, our mission is based on the fact that business depend on apps.
Our long-standing belief that applications are the most valuable assets of any organization in the digital age has been the foundation of our strategy to become the leader in multi-cloud application services. When you combine F5's, NGINX's and Shape's expertise powering over half of the world's applications across all types of environments, you have a company that knows how to deliver and secure more applications, and more value, than any company in the industry.
This means that we are able to deliver and protect applications—revenue generating, brand-anchoring applications—from the point at which they are created through to the point when consumers interact with them. In other words, from "code to customer." This makes the combined forces of F5, NGINX and Shape absolutely essential to every digital organization in the world, including the world's largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands.
At F5 we actively build a culture that everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. As a global business leader, we know diversity drives innovation, makes everything we build better for our customers, and fuels our success. We know the magic ingredient is our differences, when embraced with humility and respect. And because we know this, we believe that top talent is found in a diversity of individual backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to help us all thrive.
As part of our continued success and development of our Shape Organisation, we are now searching for a talented Major Account Executive to focus on our North & Eastern European market. This will report directly to the EMEA RVP, Shape Sales and will work hand in glove with the F5 Sales Organisation across 40 countries in 3 districts, BeNeLux, Nordic/Baltics, Eastern Europe including Russia/CIS and Adriatics.
Shape Sales Culture:
We pursue excellence, discretion, and professionalism in all areas: from our product to our people. Our brand's value lies not just in the security we deliver, but in our role as a trusted partner of our customers. As a Shape sales executive, you are the avatar of our brand. Our sales team pursues large deals with dedication and passion. You'll be a recognised and talented performer in this role with high energy, self-reliance and take ownership of your numbers and how you execute selling to customers in your territory. As this is a direct high touch role, the key will be your passion and obsession for solving customer's challenges helping them through their own digital transformation.
- Customer development with a mix of new business, renewals and refreshes. Handling a portfolio containing mainly Enterprise organizations. Responsible for territory planning through research, development and maintenance of long and short range sales and marketing plans.
- Develop customer relationships and lead generation with channel partners; building relationships and developing opportunities by effectively communicating and demonstrating Shape solutions together with a system engineer. Developing and delivering sales presentations and closing sales in a professional and effective manner. Including: developing technical presentations (in collaboration with the Shape Pre-sales technical team) and hosting customer and partner workshops.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets.
- Understand organization's business needs, develop application of products and services and effectively communicate Shape's technical value-added solutions to meet those needs. Including: researching and developing lists of potential customers; identifying and qualifying business opportunities, making regular sales calls to develop relationships and following-up on sales leads
- Prepare formal proposals and present to all levels of the organization including executive level
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making process, overcome obstacles to closure and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating territory strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, channel manager)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce.com CRM tools are utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles for large accounts in territory, to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Provide regular updates to manager concerning account issues, financial status, etc.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Champions significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and initiative
- Influence at senior levels within account e.g. Senior Executive/Board/Chair
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What we're ideally looking for:
- Typically a number of years direct work experience in a relevant environment, namely, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Cloud, or Security infrastructure delivering quota.
- Experience in high level Enterprise sector market sales.
- Driven and tenacious with "can-do" attitude
- Track record of New Business attainment
- Bachelor's degree preferred and relevant work experience
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- First class solution selling and presentation abilities
- Excellent client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- The ability to use creativity, curiosity, and skill to influence CXO's to adopt new technology
F5 is an equal opportunity employer and committed to Diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top