Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note, our ideal candidate is not necessarily someone who meets all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representative of how we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don't check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
This is a strategic sales position requiring an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals or overcome business challenges. Position requires strategic thinking/planning coupled with tactical execution of identified business opportunities. Responsible for managing all facets of the relationship with named or large key accounts (of significant strategic importance to the organization) while ensuring revenue goals are being met. Maintains contact at relevant levels in the accounts focusing on strategic nature of the relationship. Must be able to build and maintain relationships effectively and communicate at all levels. Develops opportunities across the F5 solution portfolio while effectively selling solutions and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence and build trusting relationships. Able to partner effectively, and tactically, with Systems Integrators, large Service Providers and regional VARs based on need or required value. This is typically an individual contributor role. This is a quota carrying role.
- Primary point-of-contact for major account/(s) regardless of account's geographic location. Maintains contact with account at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
- Sells the organization's products or services to and maintains relationships with existing national named accounts. Responsible for expanding and retaining named accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
- Prepares formal proposals and presentations, presents to all levels of the organization including executives, leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision making processes and overcomes objectives to closure, and closes sales in a professional and effective manner
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5 and its partners including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Must understand organization's business needs, develop application of products and services and communicate how F5's technical value added solutions will address those needs
- Research and develop lists of potential customers within an organization; regularly follow-up on leads and developing leads, and act to close deals
- Determine market strategies and goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives of named accounts
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Develops strategy for sustained management and success of business and coordinates resources to ensure goals are met
- Partner with internal and external teams and channels to develop innovative technical solutions to maximize F5's footprint and Customer dependent in account
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Strong solution selling and presentation abilities
- Advanced client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Strong Influencing skills
- Demonstrated selling skills in a complex matrix environment
- Demonstrates effective use of internal relationships and resources
- Strong ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload, develop and manage pipeline and forecasting
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
- Requires specialized knowledge in networking products, preferably those of F5
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- 8+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment
- BA/BS degree preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.