Major Account Director
- Washington, DC
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This is a Senior Sales and account management role, We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter that is conversant with major account planning and execution, equipped with strong management and relationship building skills; to effectively implement and execute team selling and customer centric account support strategies. Successful candidates should demonstrate solid partnering capability in order to leverage channel partners to create total value to end user customers.
The successful candidate will be the evangelist of F5's rich portfolio of Multi-cloud Application Delivery and Security Services Solutions within his/her assigned accounts and having the responsibilities to promote, sell and support the successful deployment of F5's solutions. The F5 solution portfolio has multiple form factors including Managed Services, SAAS, Software Subscriptions and Appliances.
- Ownership of the assigned accounts' go to market and growth strategies as well as customer satisfaction assurance
- Conduct continuous research to renew understanding of business dynamics of the assigned accounts as well as specific clients' business needs and map out such with F5's key solution offerings. Drive account specific and solution focused conversations with clients and channel partners to promote F5's solutions and offerings.
- Comprehensive Account Coverage, develop and execute account coverage plan to effectively covers all key stakeholders within each account including but not limited to the following persona : Security, Risk and Fraud Management; Infrastructure and Network Management, Application Development and Management, Cloud and Enterprise Architect Office and Digital Transformation Office.
- Work with Channel team to develop and expand the partner eco-system to support achieving sales quotas and goals of your assigned territory. Tasks include develop relationships with channel partners, lead and participate in joint account planning and marketing. Collaborate closely with F5's channel and sales engineering teams to carry out these activities.
- Develop and deliver sales and executive level presentations. Lead sales negotiations coordinate complex decision-making process and overcome obstacles to close sales. Conducting all these activities in a professional and effective manner.
- Practice continuous learning in F5's solution offerings, our competitors' offerings as well as related IT and industry trends. Well versed in F5's key solution offerings and value propositions and be a competent F5 solution evangelist in front of customers and channel partners
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact to the final procurement process. Maintain good sales disciplines and ensure company's sales forecasting tool is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular and timely basis
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner within and outside the company.
- Candidates with at least 10 years of IT solution sales experience ( at least 3 years of major account management experience) with successful track record of managing iconic Hong Kong enterprises with large and complex IT organizations would be preferred.
- Focus in one or more of the following areas : SAAS offerings, Enterprise Software, Cloud Infrastructure, Cybersecurity Solutions, API Management and Middleware Solutions, and / or Microservices and Container Management Technologies.
- Successful sales experience in a matrix client environment with demonstrable ability in effectively leveraging a team sales approach and multi-stakeholder's coverage model
- Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies (IAAS or PAAS) and Mobile Application Technologies; Networking Technologies and/or CyberSecurity Technologies
- Sales experience in Cloud Technologies (IAAS or PAAS) and CyberSecurity Technologies is a definite advantage
- Proven Sales experience and relationship in the following accounts has a definite advantage: Public Transportation Operators and Public Transportation Authority, Public Utilities, Finance Authorities (e.g. HKMA, HK SFC), Quasi- Government Organizations (e.g. The HKJC)
- Strong relationship building and coverage capability of C-Level and Divisional Executives
- Fast and self-motivated learner
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Fluent in both English and Cantonese
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Can-do Attitude and Passion for Customer Success
- Fast Self-Learner and strong drive to learn new technologies and skills
- Good Account planning skill
- Solution selling and presentation skills
- Team Selling Management Skill with effective use of internal and external relationships and resources
- Strong client relationship building and nurturing skill, be able to open new doors
- Good negotiation, Influencing and closing skills
- Proven abilities in business co-development with channel partners
- Strong ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload, develop and manage pipeline and forecasting with discipline
- Analytical mind and be able to work with data in both sales and business development activities
What you'll get:
- This role is based out of Hong Kong and reports to the General Manager of Hong Kong and Macau.
- While we practice remote/virtual meetings, the nature of the role requires face to face interactions with clients, partners and colleagues, and sometimes require working across time zones for collaborating with overseas and headquarters offices.
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits.
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top