Knowledge Engineer II
- Serilingampalle, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This individual will be key to the professional success of the 1500 employees in F5 Product Development, by creating an internal online experience that brings to life the department's Knowledge Management goals.
- Design, develop, maintain, and upgrade front-end intranet web pages, especially those associated with a new Coveo internal knowledge center
- Monitor, prioritize, respond to, and troubleshoot issues with the web presence of the new internal knowledge center
- Continuously improve team's expertise in User Experience (UX), Knowledge Management, graphic design, and layout
- Improve employee use of and satisfaction with the new internal knowledge center, by creating innovative delivery of search capabilities in the internal knowledge center
- Ensure that the technical vision for internal knowledge center platforms keeps up with the changing needs of employees
- Create short, informative video content for departmental screens located in kitchens and hallways
- Translate all technical and business requirements into effective, predictable, and transparent workflows
- Establish best practices in User Experience, applicable to all content platforms in the F5 intranet, including Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint, git, and Bugzilla.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to script in Python
- Direct experience with enterprise content platforms such as Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint, and others
- General understanding of search functions like crawling, indexing, serving, filtering, metadata, and relevance ranking
- Experience with the Coveo platform is highly desirable but not required
- A good eye for design, effective layout skills, and the ability to create short, informative videos
- Demonstrated experience in crafting innovative solutions to disparate problems
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with web sites and content platforms
- Experience monitoring websites, reporting site status, and communicating with team members
- Innate ability to prioritize work, balance delivery dates, and complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Experience working with a global team across multiple time zones
- Dependability - the ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Mathematics or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 5+ years web development experience in an enterprise context
- 4+ year of relevant experience in graphic design, layout, wireframing, or User Experience (UX)
- Basic knowledge of search tool functionality and of knowledge center products like Coveo
- Independence in creating, monitoring, upgrading, and managing intranet web properties
- Agile project management skills
- Ability to take ownership and to occasionally lead coworkers
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top