IT SDET II - MOPS (Salesforce)
- Serilingampalle, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset
The SDET II directly supports our Digital Marketing Support function of IT and contributes to the Test Center of Excellence, Test infrastructure, test strategy and test plans for IT's applications, services and delivery infrastructure focused in the Sales & Marketing technology. This team-oriented position will develop and execute test automation, repeatable test procedures, implement and support IT Test practices across IT's teams.
- Test Automation/Tool Development (50% of time)
- Contribute user stories to automated test development backlog using existing manual test scripts, project requirements, support tickets and on request from IT technical staff.
- Develop automated test cases as prioritized using team-selected tools.
- Contribute to and develop components of a test automation framework that supports integration, scheduled regression and on-request execution of tests.
- Participate in the planning for and develop the tools/systems needed to make test automation execution and reporting accessible to IT staff.
- Participate in the planning for and develop the tools/systems needed for application performance testing (user experience, progressive change, load, stress, etc.).
- Automation Execution / Administration (30% of time)
- Schedule/execute automated tests and use tools execute requested testing
- Report findings, log defects and ensure an appropriate disposition for each
- Maintain test automation application(s) (sustaining engineering)
- Project / Release Quality Assurance (20% of time)
- Provide testing support to projects and product releases both with automated tests, and manual testing as required
- Work closely with developers, analysts and system administrators as a SDET to model and foster the implementation of IT Test practices into projects and production support activities
- Other responsibilities
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT internal and business partner customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Note: The percentages of time noted above are current estimates and may change at any time depending on the business needs of the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts of automation and performance testing required
- Demonstrate excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide exceptional support to both internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of continuous integration; build and deploy automation tools desirable
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Working knowledge of Sales & Marketing technology (e.g., Salesforce, Salesforce Communities, Marketo)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IS, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in all phases of testing with heavy exposure to automation
- Proficient in at least in 2 test automation tools, including but not limited to Oracle OATS, Selenium, HP/Mercury QTP/ALM, SOAtest, JMeter, Soap UI) required
- Experience with databases and basic SQL skills required
- Experience multiple software development methodologies/lifecycles required
- Experience with testing of data-driven and event-driven architectures required
- Good programming knowledge of at least 1 of the following: Java, C#, C++
- Advanced Java development skills desirable
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highly subsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stock purchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 9 paid holidays, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top