Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The position of Internal Auditor is responsible for executing individual internal audit projects with a focus on the examination and analysis of internal controls, risks, and processes related to operational, financial, strategic, and IT aspects of the company. This position includes developing project scope, defining and executing internal audit procedures, preparing high quality reports to accurately reflect the work performed, and proactively monitoring the status of outstanding issues. The internal Auditor will also assist Internal Audit Management in providing periodic reports to the Audit Committee and developing the annual internal audit plan.
Attractions of the Job:
The internal audit team works with most functions of the business to evaluate risks and improve business processes and controls. This role is encouraged to contribute to process improvement ideas and will be involved in the day to day operations of the internal audit team. Requires a quick learner, must be highly detail-oriented, self-motivated and willing to work in a deadline-driven and fast paced environment.
- Assist in defining the scope, approach, and project-specific risks for internal audit engagements included in the annual audit plan
- Perform detail SOX internal controls testing including interviewing personnel
- Execute internal audit projects independently or as a part of a team, with management input and oversight
- Evaluate compliance with policies, the design and effectiveness of controls, adherence to best practices, and identify, document and communicate associated issues, recommendations and process improvement opportunities.
- Develop clear and concise internal audit reports to communicate audit results
- Build relationships with key individuals across the organization
- Provide valuable insight into the risk assessment and audit plan development process
- Assist in special audits or assignments as requested
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Adhere to the standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members; strong ability to multi-task
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to travel 10-20% which is one to two weeks at a time
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance (preferred)
- One or more years of audit experience with a public accounting firm or public company
- CPA or CIA designation (preferred)
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top