Inside Territory Account Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Highly motivated self-starter responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals and for the overall sales strategies and results of a specified national vertical. All sales are made through channel partners. Responsible for the full sales cycle of F5 Networks products and services by effectively turning prospects into satisfied repeat customers through efficient use of all F5 Network's direct and major channel partner resources. Must effectively sell F5's products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in incremental revenue generation.
- Cold call prospective clients and follow up on leads within assigned vertical to introduce them to F5's products, application solutions and services to generate opportunities
- Develop relationships and leverage channel. Train channel partners on the F5 story and technical solutions and developing a vertical selling plan focused on channel leverage. Including prospecting, account planning and lead generation with channel partners; building relationships and developing opportunities with channel partners by effectively communicating and demonstrating F5 solutions
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process and ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and deliver sales presentations via phone, video conferencing and webcasts to close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect targeted vertical
- Understand business needs of the organizations within the vertical; develop application of products and services and effectively sell F5's technical value added solutions to meet those needs. This includes researching and developing lists of potential customers; identifying and qualifying business opportunities, making regular sales calls to develop relationships and following-up on sales leads
- Coordinates vertical strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales systems engineer and strategic partner managers)
- Collaborates in sales planning and strategy through research, development and maintenance of long and short range sales and marketing plans
- Collaborate with field sales team to assess resources needed to close sales
- Partner closely with marketing team to develop a marketing strategy for lead generation through events as well as the development of specialized marketing materials to demonstrate the value proposition within the vertical
- Attend trade shows and other sales and marketing events
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organization and priority management abilities
- High technical aptitude
- Must be able to effectively communicate F5's value propositions
- Understanding of F5's business and competitors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effective time management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of sales applications
- Ability to research companies through public info (internet)
- Adaptable in a changing environment
- Strong phone sales skills
- 5+ years proven inside sales experience
- 2+ years' experience selling technology solutions preferred
- Experience working in team sales environment
- Proven history in generating new business and managing a sales engagement
- Ability to deliver web presentations
- BA/BS is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top