Inside Sales System Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Working with the NA Inside Sales Team, the Inside Sales System Engineer is responsible for providing presales technical assistance to the Inside Sales team and presenting demonstrations or qualification discussions over the phone to customers and/or prospects. The Inside Sales System Engineer also assists the NA Inside Sales Team with qualifying opportunities – in or out and helping expand existing opportunities through solid questioning and positioning of F5 solutions. The position will also assist channel partners with training and technical assistance as needed in order to increase the effectiveness of our channel organization. The Inside Sales System Engineer is also responsible for assisting the Team Lead with creating training and helpful tips for the Inside Team in order to advance their knowledge and understanding of F5 technical solutions.
- Assist Inside Territory Account Managers with qualification of opportunities by providing presales technical support
- Provides over the phone, pre-sales technical support and deliver product demonstrations to customers, prospects and partners.
- Delivers training over the phone to partners with the goal of preparing those partners for delivery of on-line demos of F5 products without the assistance of F5 engineering resources.
- Helps to develop training curriculum specific to Inside Sales Roles
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of F5 products and general networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS (UNIX) Admin, and experience with switches, routers, and firewalls in Intranet/Internet/Extranet environments.
- Strong interpersonal and phone presentation skills, with ability to articulate complex technology simply.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and be able to handle a high volume of requests, specifically unplanned/unscheduled requests.
- 3+ years related industry experience
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top