Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs-creating application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success isn't driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. At F5, our culture is how we live, every single day. And it's producing extraordinary results-not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we're committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to build and support the most exciting missions in the world! You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risks because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Guadalajara.
F5 is looking for an Identity and Access Management Engineer to join our Modern Identity Services team. This is an opportunity to impact both the Information Security and Product teams here at F5. The role includes working with internal F5 teams, product development, and F5 partners and customers.
We touch every element of the business: Customer ordering, public web sites, internal fulfillment processes, product development of cloud services, and many more.
Our mission is central to F5's digital transformation by providing internal F5 teams with a secure and flexible identity platform upon which to build connected and highly personal digital relationships with our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer with expertise in supporting enterprise-scale software solutions. The Software Development Engineer II will analyze business requirements, design, and develop appropriate systems solutions according to specifications. They provide technical inputs in evaluating, designing, developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting systems that are scalable and highly available. Additionally, the Software Development Engineer partners with Enterprise and Solution Architects to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
As an engineer on the team, you will be delivering and supporting features with significant scope and impact. You will demonstrate technical capabilities by delivering a high quality of service through live site excellence. You will also be working with other engineers on the team and with other groups, so you will need to create and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
Other responsibilities include
- Analyze and translate business requirements into functional and non-functional system requirements
- Design Identity and Access Management solutions using technologies such as OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, or SAML for new and existing system integrations
- Feature development for web applications and API services
- Identify end-user issues and design and develop software that fixes the problem and improves the service
- Develop browser-based functional tests for new and existing web application features
- Enhance and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Enhance and maintain SaaS and PaaS-based services and infrastructure
- Provide on call support for live site issues
- Contribute to design and coding standards to ensure consistency across applications
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or relevant work experience)
- Experience developing authentication and authorization for applications using OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0
- Experience developing, deploying, and monitoring cloud-based applications
- Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience developing large-scale customer-facing API services
- Experience developing Single Page Applications
- Familiarity with Web Application security risks such as the OWASP Top 10
- Experience with browser-based functional test frameworks
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site
- Experience in Agile execution / delivery
- Familiarity with frameworks like Backbone, Angular or React
At F5 we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Customer Loyalty, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.