Global Support Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
A F5 Global Support Manager (GSM) is a key member of the Support Services Leadership team, reporting either to a Senior Global Support Site Manager, a Service Delivery Director or a Service Delivery VP, who manages a highly technical team of product support specialists, including but not limited to Technical Support Coordinators (TSC) and/or Field Customer Engineers (FCE), Enterprise Network Engineer (ENE) at all levels of seniority. GSMs share the responsibilities of managing a regional Network Support Center (NSC), with responsibility for both regional performance and global consistency. The GSM's primary responsibilities include providing direction to team members, managing customer interactions, maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings of their team and the support center, managing F5 Support Service's Top Quality Objectives and contributing to process improvements. Working in a highly-collaborative environment, Global Support managers effectively lead support employees including TSCs and NSEs locally and remotely; effectively communicate daily priorities to other support center managers and manage customer expectations in line with F5 policies and our Quality Management System. As a key contact for support escalations from customers, sales and partners organizations, the GSM interacts with internal and external F5 customers on high profile and critical business impacting events; managing resources, providing appropriate executive/team updates and ensuring global coverage are essential skills for success.
Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Management duties include the supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
Manage customer/partner interaction by coordinating communication internally and externally and directing issues to resolution. Conduct partner audit for areas where L3 services are available.
Participate as part of a global and regional Duty Management or ESDM requiring phone coverage and monitoring of the Duty Management or ESDM email alias. Duty Management or ESDM is a core escalation function requiring support managers to take accountability for Service Requests which are escalated to them and to ensure the customer's concerns are addressed and the Service Request progresses to a successful resolution. In China and Japan this involves additional travel and onsite customer visits.
Ensure high customer satisfaction on all support related interactions by managing the team to the processes and standards outlined in F5's Quality Management System.
For North Asia (China, Taiwan, HK & Korea but may not limited to areas above), being the single point contact of support service who is responsible to oversee the support service of above regions where he or she will be responsible to develop long term support strategy, lead the team to execute and provide support services to support the business goal of above areas.
As support service single point of contact, he or she is also responsible to participate or perform any local business or project related activities that may needed from support team.
Contribute to process and infrastructure improvement. Actively participate in regional and global Support Services leadership teams
Perform other related or project based duties as assigned.
Participate as a Regional Sales - Support Liaison for North Asia (Greater China and Korea)
Being available on call for high visibility customer issues in China
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record in managing and developing employees
- Ability to work in a dynamic, matrix-managed environment across local and remote offices
- Knowledge of common support center metrics and ability to manage teams to key performance indicators
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Experience with case management ticketing systems, workforce management programs a plus
- Ability and experience to act as an incident manager for technically and often politically challenging enterprise customer situations related to support and customer's system availability
- Must be able to relay complex technical issues to a wide range of audience both internal and external to F5.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English (written and oral fluency required). This is critical for China and Japan Managers also.
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative team environment
- 3 years minimum management experience in a customer service role
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in different theaters or relevant business/industry experience
- Experience in a technical support role a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% -10% of the time - Time spent traveling can be up to 20% for China GSMs.
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top