GL Accounting Analyst
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The GL Accounting Analyst works directly with the US and International Accounting teams to support the use of accounting applications and to help identify and implement application and related business process improvement initiatives. The candidate should have a working knowledge of the general ledger module, balance sheet reconciliations, reporting, multicurrency accounting, and accounting policies and procedures. They should have a high degree of business proficiency, professional maturity, and poise. Critical thinking and working in unfamiliar areas is required.
Key accounting contact for general ledger application administration
- Partners with US and International Accounting teams and IT Business Analysts to maintain, support and test accounting applications, streamline activities and to look for ways to improve current processes and reporting methods
- Updates and maintains Oracle ERP chart of accounts, financial statements, journal entry templates, revaluation templates, security rules and cross validation rules to reduce errors, maximize consistency in reporting and provide improved user information for monthly, quarterly and year end internal and external reporting.
- Primary Blackline administrator for balance sheet reconciliations and tasks.Works with worldwide accounting teams to maintain users and configure the application to support the accounting organization and internal and external auditors.
- Coordinate with worldwide Accounting teams and Bank of America to configure CashPro Online to consolidate F5 worldwide banking activity and to develop consistent roles and treasury services for users worldwide.Identify and implement application modules, processes, controls and reporting improvements based on business requirements identified by the various accounting teams.
- Enhance reporting utilizing business intelligence tools (OBIEE/Noetix).Work with business and IT to create reports and identify ways to integrate these reports into standard business practices related to accruals, analysis and internal controls.
Ad-hoc accounting and reporting activities
- Support worldwide accounting initiatives and projects.This may include, but is not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of activity and development of new reports or processes to support the initiative or project
Partners with business and technology partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes, industry standards and best practices
- Develops solutions to moderately complex problems
- Partners with business and technology teams to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements
- Facilitates and coordinates UAT with Business
Assist in driving and supporting internal team process updates and change
- Assist in development of new MS Visio flowchart process documentation
- Facilitate training for new processes
- Support adherence to process changes
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced accountant with a minimum of 2-4 years of experience with working knowledge of financial statements, balance sheet reconciliations, financial reporting, and accounting policies and procedures. Multicurrency accounting is a plus.
- Able to understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with accounting team members, system analysts, developers, and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team
- Working knowledge of the end-to-end business processes in the functional areas assigned
- Experience with Oracle ERP, Blackline, and OBIEE/Noetix or similar software and business intelligence tools a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- 2+ years related work experience
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Work experience with a technology company a plus
- Work with international subsidiaries and international Oracle ERP implementations a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top