Field Customer Engineer - Traffix
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Field Customer Engineer (FCE) provides both remote and on-site post-sales technical assistance of F5 products to customers and F5 partners. FCE's primary duty is to handle and solve multiple active cases of diverse technical scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. FCE will handle post-sales installation of F5 products in a customer production environment. FCE's exhibit an attention to detail and strong competence utilizing a number of troubleshooting tools, facilities and equipment in the course of providing resolutions to customer issues. FCE's also need to provide excellent communication to our customers, and accept ownership of issues until a resolution, and deliver a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Work hours are scheduled in shifts corresponding to forecasted customer activity, and scheduled maintenance windows and outages.
- Provide Level 1 through Level 3 remote and on-site technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on F5 devices
- Secondary: On occasion provide initial installation of F5 devices into customer environments
- Proactively and effectively communicate status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues
- Provide F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience
- Participate in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies
- Effectively manage case escalations to engineering teams while maintaining customer communication
- Manage multiple cases and prioritize them based upon customer and business needs
- Follow standards-based processes defined in F5's Quality Management System (QMS)
- Being flexible in work hours and being able to work effectively on-site at customer's locations
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Support experience with corporate customers in production environments preferred
- In depth strong admin level, knowledge of Linux/UNIX (RHEL, CENTOS, SUSE, Solaris)
- Knowledge of scripting in the following languages: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP)
- Java Scripting and Console knowledge required
- Layered Networking – Routing
- Degree of Knowledge for clustered computing (Corosync, Puppet, CHES)
- Knowledge in at least one of the following web and application servers (Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic)
- Knowledge of SQL and databases (Oracle, MySQL MSSQL)
- Mobile Networks/Telephony experience is a requirement
- Diameter Routing Agent knowledge
- LDAP experience
- Desirable Traffix Job
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Red Hat Certified Engineer — RHCE – a strong plus
- CCNA Preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (holidays, evenings and/or weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 25%-33% of the time spent traveling; including international travel
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top