Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note, our ideal candidate is not necessarily
someone who m eets all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representative of how
we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don't
check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be
utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
Located in China
The Field Customer Engineer (FCE) provides both remote and on-site post-sales technical support of F5 products to customers and F5 partners. FCE's primary duty is to handle and solve multiple active cases of diverse technical scope.
FCE's exhibit an attention to detail and strong competence utilizing a number of troubleshooting tools, facilities, and equipment in the course of providing resolutions to customer issues. Acting as the main contact of customer post-sales issues, FCE's also need to provide good communication to our customers and accept ownership of issues until a resolution, while delivering a high degree of customer happiness.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics
- Provide a diverse scope of technical support (Level 1 to 3) to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues of F5 products in the customer environment. Proactively and optimal communicate status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues. Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience
- Participate in ongoing training with F5 products and related technologies. The FCE is encouraged to develop an intimate knowledge of the customer environment and other technologies used in order to be able to provide efficient troubleshooting and advisory services on site and independently.
- Optimal handle case escalations to engineering teams and act as main contact to customer till case is resolved.
- Lead multiple cases and prioritize them based upon customer and business needs
- Follow standards-based processes defined in F5's Quality Management System (QMS)
- Being flexible in work hours and being able to work optimal on-site at customer's locations
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer service skills and experience supporting corporate customers and service providers in production environments.
- Hands-on technical experience with networking/data center operations including TCP/IP, L1-L7 protocols and apps (routing protocols, STP, DNS, SSL, HTTP etc).
- UNIX or Linux (e.g. Redhat) operating systems is required, knowledge of Network Security (e.g. Web Application Security, AAA, VPN, DDoS, Malware, Application Firewalls, etc), VMware, ACI or equivalent hypervisors, cloud environment(AWS, Azure) is helpful.
- Able to work under limited or little instructions on routine work.
- Evidence of building strong internal/external relations within a team environment.
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) preferred.
- Analytical problem solver with solid attention to detail
- Should be able to efficient relay technical information to customers of varying skill levels, including senior technical customer levels.
- Ability to work under stress with constant interaction with customers during critical problems or also high profile periods of the year
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Read, write and speak English and Mandarin fluently, including technical concepts and terminology
- Multiple language skills are a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies
- Support experience with corporate customers in production environments preferred
- Bachelors (BA/BS), Honors, Graduate Certificate or equivalent is preferred.
- CCNP, CCIE, or mid to high level systems administration/security certifications a strong plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties may be performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table or in a data center environment in a server cage
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard
- Communicate on the telephone via headset
- Ability to read material on computer monitor
- Ability to read printed material
- Ability to occasionally lift boxes up to 100 pounds
- This role may be required to work outside of core business hours, including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and/or holidays as needed
- Travel may be required (10%)
What you'll get:
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks.
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.