Enterprise Defense Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About Shape Security
We are security and web experts, pioneers, evangelists, and elite researchers. We believe in the power of the Internet to be a positive force; our mission is to protect every website and mobile app from cybercriminals. Shape's founders fought cybercrime at the Pentagon, Google, and other leading security companies. We are backed by some of the most prominent leaders and investors in the technology industry including Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures, and more. Come be a part of our unparalleled team that is responsible for making the Internet a safer place for everyone. Position SummaryJoin our bright team of software engineers and security experts to protect the Internet against automated attacks undertaken by advanced botnets. We are looking for experienced software engineers with a passion for security and network engineering to innovate, design, implement and enhance defense strategies. Advance your knowledge about a wide range of state-of-the-art technologies and contribute to ambitious projects on system and web security, web proxies, programming languages and compilers, cloud computing and privacy management.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to build ever more innovative protections
- Become an expert of the core in-house technology; communicate, document and educate other engineers
- Analyze, debug and improve the performance of the core web traffic processor
- Design, implement and test new features and enhance the capabilities of the core protection engine
- Strong background in algorithms and in-depth technical expertise in Java
- Experience with high performance web applications
- Experience with microservices and cluster management (docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with HTTP proxies such as NGINX or Apache Traffic Server
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and the networking stack
- Familiarity with HTTP and common understanding of HTTP client and server interaction
- Familiarity with functional style programming (Java, Python)
- Experience with web testing frameworks
- Experience with private and public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of the theory of programming languages and experience in compiler development
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top