- Seattle, WA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
You will partner with our Professional Services (PS) Sales team and perform as a key contributor in driving consulting project sales through technical opportunity qualification, architectural level discussions, presenting PS proposition to customers and project scoping to facilitate creation of accurate Statements of Work (SOW) for consulting projects. You will have the ability to build confidence with the customer through their expertise and experience in order to gain commitment from customers in the selection of F5 Professional Services. You will be required to travel up to 50% of the time as you establish relationships with our customers and partners.
The regions you will be responsible for are located in the West Coast (CA, OR, WA).
What will you do?
- Assist Professional Services Sales in qualifying sales opportunities from a technical perspective, Architectural level and detailed implementation discussions to help create accurate Statements of Work for consulting projects.
- Establish relationship and work with the customers and account teams within F5 to gather all relevant information about consulting project to help with scoping.
- Will support services sales efforts of their assigned Regional Services Manager(s) (RSM) and will travel to customer sites to discuss best practice models for the implementation of F5 products into their network architecture, including installation and customization or upgrades of both hardware and software.
- Discuss and present to customers potential technical options and models of engagement to help customers make a well-informed decision.
- Provide support to Professional Services Business Development to identify and create new sales packages
- Collaborate with F5 product sales and solution architect teams to work on RFP process and provide guidelines and estimates for potential PS involvement
- Foster cross-functional collaboration within F5 (PS Sales & Delivery, Product Sales, Business Development and Channel Reseller Organizations) and external partners and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of, and proficiency in, F5 ADC and industry standard security technologies and products: Firewalls, WAFs, IDS/IPS, IAM
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware
- Knowledge of containers, automation and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, OpenStack, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Working knowledge of cryptographic concepts and implementations: Open SSL, DNSSEC, SSL/TLS, PKI, IKE
- Working knowledge of AAA related technologies: Active Directory (AD), LDAP, NTLM, Kerberos, SAML, RADIUS, DIAMETER, and TACACS.
- VPN and tunneling technologies: IPsec, SSL, PPTP, GRE, MPLS
- Security certifications: OSCP, OSWE, GIAC, CISSP, Security+
- Scripting and development experience in F5 iRules, Unix Shell, Perl, Python, C, C++, C#.
- Clear understanding of F5 Technologies Products and Services or Competitor's Application Delivery Solutions
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills, with ability to articulate complex technology simply.
- Strong ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Experience with the F5 technology stack as a consultant and/or technical sales of enterprise network solutions to corporate or CSP accounts
- Experience working in team sales environment
- Hold a BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Showcase 12 years of application delivery experience
- Experience in a consulting services solutions sales environment preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Position will be remote; ability to provide and work from a home office; ability to participate, present and communicate well in online/audio meetings; may occasionally travel to a F5 location
- Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties will require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile or airplane, and be on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top