DX Solutions Architect
- Tokyo, Japan
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About the Company:
F5 gives the world's largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the ability to securely deliver every app, anywhere-with confidence. We do this by working collaboratively in an innovative environment, helping each other succeed. We take great pride in being trusted advisers to our customers, offering the best solutions for their interests. If our mission and culture excite you, we would love to talk to you!
About our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note, our ideal candidate is not someone who meets all the posted requirements, in fact this is just a representative of how we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don't check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
The SA Job Overview:
The Solutions Architect (SA) is a sales and technical role with focus on customer/partners and is part of the sales organization. TheSA's primary responsibility is to support the sales team by helping their accounts create a vision of how they should be implementing their DX strategy from a technical perspective, based on the SA's own knowledge and experience that they bring into the role, as well as that they obtain from discussions with other customers and industry experts. To be effective, an SA needs to have excellent communication plus technical skills and knowledge on the technologies, architectures, operation techniques used to develop and run modern applications. They also need to understand F5 solutions and how they can be plugged into a modern application architecture.
Thehigh-levelobjective is to help Sales Account teams (Sales Account Managers and Solution Engineers) find and create new opportunities, and ultimately achieve sales targets. Fromourcustomer(s)perspective, the SA is a high-level evangelist and industry trusted adviser who stays abreast of current trends in modern applications and thus can advise customers on their overall DX strategies, and how F5 meshes with them. They also engage with technology partners and build or continue to engage with their own community of experts, creating a place to discuss and assist the broader market in DX best practices.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What you'll do:
- Articulate DX best practices, the "To Be" of how modern applications should be designed and operated
- Mesh those ideas with existing F5 solutions, to help Account SEs and AMs understand what solutions their customers are looking for
- Directly engage at manager level up to CxO level at accounts, to influence their decisions on how to modernize their applications
- Create and/or maintain a community of experts, that you engage with via meetups, youtube, twitter, and other mediums
- Speak in official capacity at F5 and other industry events, to educate and create interest in F5 and your own ideas
- Discuss with Product Management, the Office of the CTO, the Sales Solution Architects to help define roadmap and future F5 product/solution strategy
How you'll do it:
- Experience in creating and operating modern applications (Openshift/Kubernetes/etc.)
- Experience with automation toolsets and DevOps practices
- Experience with multi-cloud, multi-pod design and security practice
- Experience in business transformation and program management
What you'll bring:
- 8 + years of related industry experience
- 4+ years of experience in a similar high-level advisory role
- Familiarity/experience withF5or similar industrysolution deploymenta plus
- Relevant certifications a plus
- Native level Japanese language skills and business level English
What you'll get:
- Thisrole is primarily based out ofTokyo, Japanwith flexibility to work remotely as well.
- While we encourage remote/virtual meetings, the nature of the role could require travelup to50%of the time, and working across time zones
- This is a self-driven role,so career growth and developmentisavailable at every stage of your career.
- The position reports totheSE Director, Japan
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top