Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Director, Sales oversees sales directly to end-users of the organization's products or services in a large specified geographic area. Manages a team of Account Managers. Develops territory plans and participates in strategic and tactical planning. Broad responsibility and significant operational latitude.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Management duties include the supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Directs and manages a major part of F5's Sales activities through channel partnerships.
- Develops sales strategies and forecasts sales volumes for the region.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key channel partners, enterprise customers and other industry leaders, monitoring all metrics and assuring the team meets both sales and key selling objectives.
- Engages in key customer and channel opportunities and assists with the sales cycle in support of the region's sales strategy.
- Responsible for an annual revenue target.
- Responsible for sales goals/quotas, budgets, and account management within the region.
- Responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies, making sales presentations and coordinating services needs within the region.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of sales in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Track record of successful quota-driven sales experience in the technology industry, preferably in high price-point hardware and software for network infrastructure applications.
- Extensive sales management experience, managing a remote field sales team
- BA degree in related field (i.e. business, marketing or sales) or relevant experience
- Successful prior sales management experience in both two-tiered and direct channel resale models.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internet working infrastructure, security and Cloud technologies.
- Must have strong interpersonal and presentation skills and be able to articulate complex technology simply.
- Strong leadership skills - able to motivate and guide sales team members to achieve and exceed stretch quota goals while building a cohesive team.
- Must be self-motivated and able to excel with little supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material. Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 50% of the time spent traveling.
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Global Campaign Manager
As a Global Campaign Manager on the Security Marketing Team, Kristen works to develop high-impact campaigns to reach, entice, and engage potential customers.
Back to top