Director of Web Marketing
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are looking for a Director, Web Marketing to establish the technical vision and strategy of F5's digital properties to drive leads, conversions, engagement and ultimately revenue for the company. In this role, you will work with marketing, creative, content, campaigns and technical partners to deploy a premier website infrastructure and deliver on innovative functionality. You will be expected to translate global marketing strategies into a roadmap for developing personalized, performant, and desktop + responsive mobile experiences. You will lead our web production, web development and user experience team members leveraging agile methodologies. The ideal candidate will have strong digital strategy and web platform skills; a consistent track record of leading/scaling teams and strong operational capabilities to drive efficiency & speed.
This is a highly visible role which requires the ability to partner with strategic and technical leadership across the organization. This role reports to the Vice President, Corporate Marketing.
- Employee management including but not limited to interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Leads the technical implementation of a new large-scale web platform to develop optimal experiences for different audiences.
- Work closely with campaigns and demand generation teams to optimize campaign performance via development of integrated landing experiences and customer journeys.
- Partner with regional marketing leads to deploy systems and processes needed to evolve regional websites from simple translations to truly localized experiences.
- Work with content and developer teams to establish strong governance practices and QA to ensure consistency and alignment to brand standards.
- Grow organic inbound traffic through SEO and technical site optimization; ensure all web-based properties are aligned and generating the highest quality results.
- Develop, prioritize and execute the roadmap of longer-term strategic website enhancements and tactical improvements that align with the overall marketing strategy.
- Partner with analytics team to enable accurate reporting on web performance and closed-loop impact on the full funnel.
- Support a culture of continuous experimentation within the web experience through multivariate testing.
- Build a customer- obsessed culture within the team that focuses on user experience and customer success.
- Manage and scale a team of web producers, web developers and web optimization experts to evolve and continuously improve F5 web properties.
- Develop and maintain critical metrics and site statistics in tight alignment with marketing operations.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Expert experience in project management with emphasis on achievement definition and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to meet objectives through influence, facilitation and consensus building
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data and analytics to understand and improve performance
- Advanced capabilities to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Advanced competency in critical thinking and leadership with positive relationship management ability
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- 10+ years' experience in technical enterprise website management and production, with a focus on integrated systems and process optimization
- Working knowledge of Adobe AEM (required)
- Experience in business requirements analysis, software architecture and programming
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top