Director of Sales - Central Region
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Position Summary: The Manager District Sales oversees sales directly to end-users of the organization's products or services in a large specified geographic area. Manages a team of Account Managers. Develops territory plans and participates in strategic and tactical planning. Broad responsibility and significant operational latitude.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Management duties include the supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Directs and manages a major part of F5's North American sales activities through channel partnerships.
- Develops sales strategies and forecasts sales volumes.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key channel partners, enterprise customers and other industry leaders, monitoring all metrics and assuring the team meets both sales and key selling objectives.
- Engages in key customer and channel opportunities and assists with the sales cycle in support of the region's sales strategy.
- Responsible for an annual revenue target.
- Responsible for sales goals/quotas, budgets, and account management within his/her organization.
- Responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies, making sales presentations and coordinating services needs within his/her organization
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of sales in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An impressive record of achievement as a sales leader focused selling solutions and hardware. This should include experience selling with multiple channels and integrators. In depth knowledge of market place is required.
- Proven success in working in a very fast-paced and pressure filled environment
- History of repeatedly achieving and exceeding quarterly quotas
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Reputation for integrity, honesty, candor, fairness and discretion
- A history of providing the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior towards both customers and employees
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of experience selling complex infrastructure hardware and/or software products to Fortune 1000 enterprise customers
- Minimum 5 years sales experience managing a remote field direct/channel sales organization
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 50% of the time spent traveling.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top