Director of Product Managment
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Can you dirve the strategic direction for a portfolio of F5's security products? Be responsible for a team of Product Management professionals and the success of the products in your portfolio? Will you ensure the product strategy and roadmap is executed and delivered? Are you expert in outbound product positioning and marketing plans? Have you created and managed successful product portfolios, leading the creation of business cases, MRDs, PRDs, and the associated go-to-market planning? Then you could be our next Director of Product Management.
A few more details:
DPMs are expected to be skilled at leading a matrix organization and creating a collaborative team that executes product strategy. The DPMs seek to manage the profit and loss of products in the portfolio and help to guide individual product managers and teams to ensure products are differentiated, profitable, and industry leading. DPMs must also be effective at leading and partnering with other organizations across the company, including formulating the strategies and running projects that cross the broader F5 organization.
DPMs must have a mastery of market dynamics, the competition, and customer needs. As the spokesperson for a product portfolio, the DPM must have proven leadership, negotiation, and presentations skills. They must be capable of communicating at the executive level with customers, key industry analysts, and press.
- Lead teams to successfully execute product line/program strategy, establish measurable goals and objectives that meet strategic goals
- Set strategic vision and translate it into an actionable plan
- Develop product and go-to-market solutions across customer verticals, including enterprise, managed/cloud service providers, and carrier service providers
- Create, drive, and communicate product line strategy, roadmaps, and market positioning for F5's solutions
- Serve as a credible, engaging global F5 spokesperson to effectively influence key constituents such as customers, partners, press, and analysts to establish F5 as a leader in the marketplace
- Collaborate with senior leaders to define and execute parallel product efforts that will allow F5 to achieve its business objectives
- Lead ongoing analysis of product/program success against defined internal metrics and against other industry competitors; responsible for measuring and reporting ongoing end-user satisfaction with product offerings
- Lead, mentor, and develop directs reports and teams to advance skills sets and assist them to achieve their career goals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of Networking and Network Security
- Experience defining and launching new products
- Strong knowledge of market dynamics and customer segments
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technology simply
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, communicate, organize, and champion key initiatives and projects for product development
- Ability to drive successful partnership across an ecosystem of providers
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Ability to brief and communicate effectively with executive leadership
- Ability to lead through effective management and motivation of direct reports and extended team
- Experience in L4-L7 Networking, data center, and cloud architectures is a strong plus
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5-20% of the time spent traveling.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
- 10 plus years' experience in product management and portfolio management role
- 10 plus years analyzing products, customers and market dynamics
- 5 years of experience managing or engineering technology products preferred
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top