Director of Digital Sales
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Did you call a ride-share today? Shop online? Check your bank balance from your phone? If you did, then you probably benefited from F5 products and services. Our customers include 15 out of 15 global telecoms, 10 out of 10 "Best" US retail companies, 14 out of 15 top US banks, and 49 out of 50 Fortune 50 companies. Whether we know it or not, just about everyone with a digital footprint depend on F5 to help make applications run faster, smarter, and safer.
We are the global leader in application traffic management and security, and we're looking for a Director of Digital Sales to join our Global Marketing organization.
At F5 were obsessed with our customers. That's why we want to continually invest in every aspect of the user experience from learning and trying to buying and using. Digital sales is a new and exciting area for F5 that will transform how we interact with our customers.
Specifically, the Director of Digital Sales will bring a fresh and disciplined product management approach to digital sales. As such they will own global ecommerce strategy and the digital sales roadmap. In addition, they will be accountable for working with the teams and resources necessary to build the try, buy, add, and renew experiences that span the digital sales motion.
Among other responsibilities, the Director of Digital Sales will recruit, develop and retain the talent necessary to build and manage of a digital sales framework, as well as deploying, operating, and evolving a global ecommerce solution.
Communication is critical to this role, and the Director of Digital Sales will be in constant contact leadership in Marketing, Sales, Product, and IT to ensure that digital sales execution aligns F5 corporate strategies and the digital sales roadmap.
Finally, they will manage the Digital Sales team to a higher level of data-driven performance across all digital sales functions and will be revenue minded and directly contribute to the continued growth of F5 and the Marketing organization.
- Lead the marketing Digital Sales team, comprising of merchandizing management, product management (including UX), and business analyst functions
- Advises on the development of annual operating and marketing plans for priority products/services, using data-driven insights generated through this channel/sales motion
- Be a thought leader for digital strategy within the broader company
- Identify the Digital Try and Buy experiences required to reduce customer friction during the customer journey
- Facilitates and coordinates idea generation for features, functionality, tools, and experiences
- Assesses potential roadmap opportunities against a deep understanding of the customer, the marketplace, company objectives, and available resourcing
- Collaborate with user experience, dev and IT teams to bring the digital sales roadmap to life through excellent product management and regular release cycles
- Leverage testing strategies to improve user experience
- Work closely with the Sales Operations team to identify gaps in current processes and systems, focusing on the enhancement of sales productivity
- Create scalable and repeatable operational processes to improve the efficiency of bringing new product offerings into the Digital Sales pipeline
- Partner with data teams for analytics and reporting to build out required capabilities supporting Digital Sales
- Drive data and analytics strategy to ensure end-to-end Digital Sales reporting and decision making
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the health of the Digital Sales contribution to pipeline
- Act as the liaison between Marketing and Executive Leadership to report on Digital Sales successes and weaknesses
- Partner with Sales leadership and Sales Operations to ensure Sales teams have proper enablement content and training
- Partner closely with Finance and Marketing Leadership team to ensure optimal use of associated program budget
- 7+ years of experience in product management, product marketing, digital marketing or digital sales
- 3+ years contributing to a software product release cycle
- Exposure to a major ecommerce platform and corporate website operations
- A strong commitment to leadership and a consistent track record of management excellence
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects/agreements at once, in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key issues to senior management when appropriate, and the ability to be solution-oriented
- In-depth experience operating within and across cross-functional teams (sales, product management, IT, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
- Background in digital marketing channels and tactics throughout the B2B buyer journey
- Theoretical and practical analytics skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to requirement changes
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Creative thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills that win allies, convert naysayers, gain the respect of everyone that touches the program.
- Resourcefulness and organizational skills
- Roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top