Director, IT PMO
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Director, IT PMO is both a leadership and management position within F5 IT. This is a highly visible role within F5 and will interact at all levels of the organization. As a leader, this position will ensure the IT PMO adds value, supports executing our organization's strategy, and meets the goals set for the IT PMO by executive management.
They will work across the enterprise to improve PPM maturity and support a PMO community of practice. As a manager, this position will oversee a team of IT Program and Project managers who are responsible for delivering the portfolio of IT and select business programs and projects.
- Engages senior leadership and business partners in active oversight of the IT Program and Project Portfolio
- Defines, manages, and directs the daily execution of the PMO work effort
- Partners with IT, the Business, and Finance to understand and determine project resource needs and capacity planning
- Provides input into business cases and realization of expected proposed project benefits
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to PMO staff
- Operates the monthly IT Steering Committee
- Regularly evaluates and implements opportunities to improve project management best practices
- Assists with the PMO community of practice to enable collaboration and best-practice sharing among project managers and key PMO stakeholders
- Application owner for F5's PPM application (CA PPM)
- Assist with sourcing, negotiating, and contracting with consulting partners
- Management duties include the supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies (ex. PMI, PMBOK, and agile)
- Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop the PMO vision, and inspire and motivate PMO staff
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial, and communication skills
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent analytic, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic resource plan
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to PMO staff
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related filed, or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of experience in IT and business/industry
- 5+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
- PMP Certification a plus
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top