Director, Enhanced Services
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Come work at a place where innovation and partnership come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Attractions of the Job:
We offer several different levels of maintenance and support service. The Premium Plus team delivers the highest level of technical support anddedicated services, primarily for our North American customer base. Our customers are positioned to keep pace with technology changes and benefit from streamlined support and maintenance.
The Challenge you Get to Accomplish
You will lead our team of stakeholders and partners who deliver our high touch Enhanced Support to many of our most valuable F5 customers. Their teams will have highly technical product support specialists in the Network Support Center and Engineering Services Teams as well as Service Delivery Managers. You are responsible for providing direction to team members, managing customer interactions, managing the relationship with our inter-related groups within F5. They will also serve as a proxy for executive escalations covering for the Vice President, as needed.
This quality leader will help set priorities our team and will make key business decisions. They will maintain a high customer satisfaction rating for our teams, managing to our Top Quality Objectives and contributing to improvements in our processes. Working in a matrixed-managed environment Directors will have the ability to effectively lead personnel locally and remotely, effectively communicate daily priorities to other Directors and manage customer expectations in line with F5 policies and our Quality Management System.
What will you do?
- You will provide the strategic direction and leadership for the Enhanced Services Teams.
- You will lead Enhanced Services interaction with general support, security, Services Sales, and those groups with whom we interact the most.
- Guide the process and infrastructure improvement.
- Manage customer interaction by coordinating communication internally and externally and directing issues to resolution.
- Review and improve the processes and policies of Enhanced Services to ensure we continue to deliver what is most valuable for our customers and F5.
- Collaborate with Service Sales and Marketing on the deliverables and growth of our offering.
- Ensuring the customers are taken care of in a world class manner and looking beyond the transactions of cases as we lead solutions for the customers.
- Developing the team to the processes and standards outlined in F5's Quality Management System.
- Working with peers in Network Support, Product Development, New Product Introduction, and Services Marketing, interact on a strategic level both internally and externally to achieve high customer and partner satisfaction.
- Management duties include the supervision of exempt and manager level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
What you Bring to the Team
- You bring with you excellent leadership, organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- We want you to be a strategic thinker with varied business experiences.
- You have the ability to work in a dynamic, matrix-managed environment across local and remote offices
- Communicate to executive leadership and across the company. Additionally, you will direct technical team members and leadership personnel in resolving issues.
- Knowledge of common support center metrics and ability to lead teams to key performance indicators
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction and the different forms in which that can be achieved
- Experience running advanced enterprise customer situations relating to Support and System availability.
- You will build and fosters an inclusive, collaborative, integrated team by soliciting feedback and encouraging open communication
- Experience with case management ticketing systems, workforce management programs a plus
- We expect that you will be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral)
- You are collaborative, persistent, self-directed with impressive interpersonal skills.
- Confident and engaging presentation skills, personable, positive, approachable & tenacious.
What's required of me?
- You come with 12 years experience in a customer service/engineering ; with at least 5+ years in people management in a customer service/engineering services role
- You have a BS/BA in Technical Communications, English, Journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a technical services role a plus.
- You may be asked to be on call periodically and to work outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Able to travel at short notice 25% of the time.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top