DevOps Solution Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
DevOps Solutions Engineer (DSE)
The DevOps Solutions Engineer (DSE) is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer satisfaction. The DSE will be responsible for influencing technology decisions with DevOps focused customers by building community, sharing knowledge, and developing repeatable, programmatically consumable solutions. The role includes delivering presentations and product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of account plans.
- Act as a trusted advisor providing technical expertise through Sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, and Proof of Concepts
- Build, present and communicate F5 DevOps messaging, marketing plan and overall engagement strategy to internal partners, end users, and key F5 technology partners.
- Act as mediator between the DevOps community and F5 while representing the voice of the customer to broader teams
- Interact with community members through calls, panels, webinars, podcasts, blogs
- Identify investment opportunities in existing industry events and build custom events for offline engagement with the DevOps community
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share with peer group
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and success and building lasting relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop DevOps/DevSecOps guidance including training material, best practices, reusable code, etc.
- Strong understanding of microservices and cloud native application architectures; experience decomposing monolithic software applications into a microservices architecture.
- Ability to produce technical documents and diagrams that convey technical architectural concepts.
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience working in a production DevOps environment using:
- DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub/GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
- Container orchestrators such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm
- Containerized data services such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and MongoDB
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, VMWare, OpenStack.
- Knowledge of OWASP principles (preferred, but not required)
- Understanding of application security vulnerabilities, threats and controls, and web application firewall (preferred, but not required).
- 5+ years related industry experience
- Pre-sales experience preferred
- Hands-on design and implementation of a CI/CD pipeline to support enterprise level projects.
- Hands-on experience identifying and mitigating security design flaws and implementation bugs within an Agile delivery/CI environment preferred
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties will require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require out of town travel up to 50-75% of the time.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top