Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We're looking for a highly talented and technical DevOps specialist to lead F5's company strategy for engagement in the DevOps community. As the DevOps Evangelist for F5, you'll live, breathe and represent the pulse of the modern-day developer and act as the mediator between the company and the greater DevOps community. You will be uniquely positioned to accelerate F5's vision by driving the perception and adoption of our products and technologies to application developers and enterprise DevOps engineers all over the world. In this role, you'll be utilizing your skills and real passion for technology to evangelize not only our offerings, but also the benefits of simplifying infrastructures and code pipelines. You'll build strategy for DevOps community engagement and process for consumption of the voice and needs of the customer.
- Strategic Ownership
- Build, present and communicate F5 DevOps messaging, marketing plan and overall engagement strategy to internal partners
- Act as mediator between the DevOps community and F5 business units while representing the voice of the customer to broader teams
- Identify investment opportunities in existing industry events and build custom events for offline engagement with the DevOps community
- Community Evangelism
- Collaborate with customers, engineers and industry leaders in the broader DevOps community while participating in various debates and discussions.
- Answer technical questions and respond to comments and feedback in the DevOps community
- Interact with community members through calls, panels, webinars, podcasts
- Travel to conferences and user group meetings to present, and interact in F5 booth
- Thought Leadership
- Amplify trends, and provide enterprise thought leadership on DevOps solutions that benefit customers through contributions to external publications, blogs, whitepapers and reference architectures.
- Work with marketing teams to drive member viewership and engagement in specific products and campaigns
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to show evidence of creative problem solving, not accepting status quo, moving forward despite obstacles, and taking full responsibility for ensuring success
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
- Working knowledge of containers and container management platforms
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Understanding of Cloud and Service-Oriented Architecture.
- 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
- Deep understanding of and experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Proven technical and business collaboration skills
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment
- Experience building highly automated infrastructures
- Experience with build scripts used for release management across all environments
- Understanding and experience with code deployment
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top