DevOps Engineer (Security Research Team)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
If you enjoy autonomy and can deliver and maintain end-to-end application and network services, and are looking for an opportunity to enter the cyber-security world this job is for you.
This new position will be a unique member of a highly experienced security research team to develop, deploy and support cyber-crime research infrastructure in a local lab and in a cloud (AWS) environment.
- Translate and support security researchers' requirements
- Deploy, maintain and scale attack sensors (honeypots) around the world
- Scale and optimize attack logs collection using Splunk and research other event processing technologies
- Design, build, maintain and grow a dedicated on-premise malware lab (VMWare)
- Implement security and hardening of the research networks and proactive security monitoring
- Setup vulnerable reproduction environments with different web technologies (Apache, IIS, NGINX, PHP: Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal, JAVA: Tomcat/WebLogic/Struts/Spring, .NET, node.js, Django/Flask, Ruby on Rails)
- Deploying, managing and supporting production and pre-production web applications (Django/Flask/MySQL/MongoDB)
- Research, investigate and define new cloud technologies to facilitate, enhance and improve performance of the ongoing research operation
- Automate everything with coding!
- Document service designs and operations via functional specifications and other documentation
- Respond and troubleshoot services outages in a timely manner
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years as a DevOps engineer
- Proven ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud is must
- A working knowledge of virtual machine or container technology (VMware and Docker) is a must
- 5+ years of systems engineering Linux/Unix
- 1+ years of DB (SQL and NoSQL) administration experience
- Proven experience in setting up and troubleshooting network and web technologies
- Coding in one of the various scripting languages for automation (preferred python/node.js) is a must
- 1+ years of experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Salt or an equivalent
- Advantage: Mastering Splunk
- Advantage: Experience in web development (front/back end)
- Advantage: Knowledge in securing, hardening and monitoring security events in a network
- Excellent analytic / trouble-shooting and debugging skills
- Successfully manage ambiguity in work and handle multi-tasking
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- 3-5 years' experience designing, developing and troubleshooting production services and infrastructure.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
F5 Networks, is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top