- Warsaw, Poland
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
As an F5 employee, you are valued, empowered, collaborative, innovative in your approach, and passionate about your work. You are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. You value diversity and are inclusive while being committed to a global mindset.
F5's service employs the use of many layers of in-house engineered hardware, software, and network equipment to provide solutions against Internet-based security threats; particularly large-scale DDoS attacks.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you are responsible for operating and maintaining the production services, and working with architects and developers to ensure reliability and performance of systems. You are paired with an engineering team in order to drive operational excellence from development to deployment. You will pair network expertise with superb communication skills, a demonstrated ability to learn, and a problem solving approach. F5 has a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring enthusiasm, occasional extra hours, and the ability to work in pressured situations while maintaining a calm approach. This is a great opportunity to participate in the support and operation of an industry-defining network that will ultimately serve to sharpen your skills.
What will I be doing?
- Monitor and provide break/fix maintenance to production systems
- Perform periodic maintenance such as upgrades to network equipment
- Maintain documentation for systems such as method of procedures and disaster recovery procedures
- Develop tools to improve our ability to deploy and monitor systems
- Work with architects and developers to ensure that systems are crafted with 'operability' in mind.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation for critical issues.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What Qualifications and Knowledge do I need?
- 4 year college degree (BA or BS) or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, GRE, IPSec, DNS, and SNMP protocols
- Operational experience with access control mechanisms to prevent unwanted access
- Experience with network monitoring and operations support systems
- Experience with standard network change management and configuration policies
- Operational familiarity with F5 BigIP Platform encouraged
- Experience with network orchestration tools a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top