Customer Experience Mgr
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position is responsible for driving and growing F5's customer evidence program. Promotes ongoing public relations and brand-building efforts by developing compelling customer evidence (CE) that supports F5's marketing messages and vision. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the company's PR and marketing objectives; helping to evangelize F5's market leading products and services to potential customers, media and analysts; and creating customer content to support sales activities. The key priorities of this role include working with F5 sales, partners, customers and other constituents to identify and produce written customer case stories across various platforms, video testimonials, customer media and analyst references. This role is also responsible for identifying customers willing to participate in press releases and articles that highlight their success using F5 solutions.
This position will work with our satisfied customers to understand how technology has improved their business, and work with other F5 teams to help promote these success stories. This role is responsible for ensuring that the story is accurate, interesting, and influential in driving F5 awareness and supporting sales efforts. A significant part of this job is understanding what our customers' challenges were before using F5 products and services and then developing the overall story about their experiences with F5 solutions. Keys to success for this position include: strong project management skills; thorough understanding of F5's solution portfolio; persuasive communication skills; understanding of PR and marketing strategies and the elements of a strong story; cooperative and supportive attitude; ability to build relationships with customers, sales and SE teams; investigative nature.
- Proactively seek out and develop partnerships with sales colleagues to identify customer evidence gaps and opportunities.
- Recruit customers nationwide to be part of a case study or customer reference program and then work with internal and contract writers to create compelling stories that can be shared globally.
- Create materials to influence positive PR and analyst relations, sales engagements, and public perception across online, social, earned media and sales collateral.
- Coordinate and manage global CE pipeline that meets quality criteria and business need.
- Be an advocate for CE inclusion in major marketing initiatives and corporate events.
- Work with PR agency and communications managers to identify and secure customers willing to do media engagements that will lead to strategic story placement.
- Conduct analysis and reporting to show the value of the program and return on marketing investment
- Effectively leverage sales reporting tools (such as Salesforce) and other internal data points to find potential customer references.
- Manage internal and external writing resources to drive content that meets desired requirements for case story formatting, ROI/benefits, tone, messaging, and length
- Work with brand and marketing teams to utilize rich media resources such as designers, video production and web developers to augment written customer stories in compelling ways that drive impact.
- Produce case studies and related customer evidence with an eye on quality, messaging, positioning, clarity, and accuracy.
- Generate effective and innovative ideas to improve customer stories, increase customer testimonials, and maximize syndication of each story.
- Set achievable customer expectations and assume responsibility for meeting them.
- Ensure highest quality and professionalism when interacting with customers.
- Create a variety of business communications such as emails, newsletters, presentations, reports, event content, notices, and more.
- Interact with many key cross-functional groups and departments within F5.
- Work with web team on the design and management of customer evidence page of F5.com
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- As seasoned and experienced professional with a full understanding of customer evidence programs, resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Engaging storyteller
- Extensive writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Advanced computer and web proficiency, including Salesforce, Microsoft Office and basic online researching skills.
- Extensive experience with owned media (blogs, social networking sites, etc.), earned media (such as tech and business publications) and marketing campaigns.
- Extensive project management and time management skills
- Full understanding of the role of public and community relations within an organization and company policies and procedures.
- Flexible and intuitive personality who can manage complex internal and external client relationships.
- Ability to generate ideas and work within minimal guidance.
- Strong interest in working in a team environment, teaching others, learning quickly, and being tolerant and cooperative with a variety of personalities.
- Advanced knowledge and use of corporate tools, procedures, programs and policies
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel
- Is a seasoned presenter and communicator and represents F5 in a polished, professional way
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Business or related field
- 8+ years' experience in sales or marketing, with experience managing a successful customer case story success program
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top