Credit Specialist I
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
The Credit Specialist I assists in the processing of orders by following corporate order validation and credit checking procedures to allow for the maximum number of orders, while also minimizing the credit risk to the Company. The position is also responsible for managing the cash receipt and application process for North and South American customers, in addition to supporting other invoicing related activities.
Attractions of the Job:
The Specialist I will be part of a team responsible for validating and credit checking all orders for the Company, working in a fast paced environment. The team will work very closely with Revenue Operations, Collections, Accounts Receivable and Revenue Accounting to investigate and resolve discrepancies. This role is encouraged to contribute ideas and participate in process improvements to aid in keeping up with evolving business requirements.
- Facilitate the receipt of cash and appropriate application of payments to customer and general ledger accounts
- Monitor Remittance inbox to support collectors account management, and general ledger questions as they arise
- Ability to take on additional invoicing and accounts receivable related activities
- Review and validate pending orders for acceptable terms and conditions as well as proper data entry.
- Approve orders for shipment and/or billing after ensuring they meet F5's credit requirements.
- Contact customers who have not returned equipment on outstanding return authorizations. Process paperwork to issue customer credits as necessary.
- Monitor shared Order Validation inbox and facilitate and/or respond directly to internal/external customer questions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Mentor, Coach, and cross-train other team members as needed in an effort to help the team grow and thrive.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding and ability to adhere to business processes to ensure appropriate transacting of orders and documentation of exceptions.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate ability to handle multiple responsibilities and eager to take on new, challenging tasks in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with a close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be highly organized.
- Have a customer service mentality and strong teamwork skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- AA degree preferred
- 1+ years experience in book keeping, accounts receivable or similar responsibilities
- 1+ years of experience in order validation or order entry
- Experience in a publicly held, high tech company a plus
- Experience with Oracle and Clarify a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and occasional weekends).
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highly subsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stock purchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 9 paid holidays, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top