Creative Art Director
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 is looking for a talented Art Director who is passionate about storytelling. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail and a blend of creative and technical production skills. You will manage a team of creative professionals, working closely with them to create marketing deliverables that strengthen the F5 brand and support inbound demand gen efforts. You will work with our marketing teams to translate business goals into visual ideas that inspire and capture new audiences. Your design solutions will be carried through a variety of touch points and mediums, including print and online advertising, campaigns, events, digital experiences, events and videos.
- Conceptualize and share new ideas that help propel our brand forward
- Create on-brand solutions that solve critical business problems
- Effectively articulate brand positioning through visual design
- Create design solutions with a consistent visual tone for a variety of applications, across different media, and for diverse audiences
- Work closely with copywriters to generate creative ideas and concepts
- Art direct and guide designers during the creative process to adhere to brand standards
- Direct designers to develop concepts and prepare them for presentation; present high concept ideas to leadership team as needed
- Review creative solutions to determine if they conform to standards and specifications
- Confer with clients to determine and understand objectives, goals and success metrics
- Ensure client satisfaction during entire process
- Oversee the technical production of creatives and assets
- Coordinate outside vendors as needed, including illustrators and photographers; manage associated budget
- Planning, staffing and directing high impact creative projects to deliver on time; fully accountable for monitoring personal and creative team's progress against schedules on assigned projects
- Employee management including but not limited to interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven personnel management and leadership skills; ability to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with marketing colleagues
- Ability to articulately defend your creative decisions and accept creative input from all sides
- Project management skills and a demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines and adjust to changes in priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that allow you to lead projects with confidence and ease, ultimately resulting in the delivery of creatives that achieve business goals
- A can-do attitude and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with creative and project management staff as well as peer and leadership teams
- Strong production experience with extensive knowledge of the in-and-outs of bringing creative work to market
- Experience with budget and team management, including staff hiring, managing and performance reviews
- An entrepreneurial drive and work ethic and attention to detail
- Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Communications Design, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years as a Sr. Graphic Designer with professional experience in art direction; 5+ years' experience in managing and leading a team
- An online portfolio of samples of work demonstrating great visual design solutions across a variety of print and digital mediums.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and coding for Outlook email a plus.
- Agency experience and experience with B2B in the tech industry a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 20% of the time spent traveling.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top