Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Summarize the purpose/objective of the position as a brief overview of the major or essential job functions.
As Corporate Counsel, you will manage and mitigate the Company's legal risks and exposures while providing timely and accurate legal advice for the sales, services, and product development teams.
Using action verbs, list the essential duties of the position. At the end of each line item add % of time and level of importance - 1 being the most important.
- Contract administration, including the drafting, review and negotiation of various commercial iagreements, including, but not limited to sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM and distributor agreements
- Administer corporate legal activities to protect the Company's interest.
- Provide professional legal interpretations and recommendations to Company personnel.
- Assist the EVP and General Counsel with administrative and legal matters, including the planning, organizing and managing of work activities assigned to the Company's Corporate Counsel and other members of the Legal department.
- Prepare, review and negotiate other legal documents.
- Manage outside counsel to represent the Company in litigation before courts and administrative tribunals, including the review of legal memoranda and other documents.
- Uphold F5's Business Code of Ethics and promptly report violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Considering the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, list the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform those functions at a competent and proficient level.
- Knowledge of various technology agreements, including sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM, NDA, alliance, open source, as a Service, and distributor contracts and other agreements commonly used in the high tech industry required.
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with sales professionals as well as attorneys and purchasing managers of customers.
- Excellent negotiation and written and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge of international sales and licensing agreements and revenue recognition principals beneficial.
- Knowledge in the area of open source software licensing a plus but not required.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating various technology agreements.
- Knowledge of international agreements and revenue recognition principals beneficial.
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and related transactions beneficial.
- Additional language skills a plus but not required.
State minimum qualifications of education, experience, licenses or certifications.
- Law degree and 5-10 years of business law experience or equivalent experience negotiating complex technology agreements.
- Admitted to practice in location of office preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
List any special environmental conditions, unpleasant conditions and special hazards, as well as any lifting, bending or vision requirements.
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top