Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Corporate Counsel manages and mitigates the Company's legal risks and exposures while providing timely and accurate legal advice for the sales, services, product development and human resources teams.
- Administer corporate legal activities to protect the Company's interest.
- Provide professional legal interpretations and recommendations to Company personnel
- Assist the VP, Legal with administrative and legal matters, including the planning, organizing and managing of work activities assigned to the Company's Corporate Counsel and other members of the Legal department.
- Prepare, review and negotiate other legal documents.
- Contract administration, including the drafting, review and negotiation of various commercial agreements, including, but not limited to: sales, license, cloud licensing, services, consulting, reseller, OEM and distributor agreements.
- Other special projects as assigned by the VP, Legal
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school with strong academic credentials
- 4 to 12 years of business law experience or equivalent experience in a law firm or company law department negotiating complex technology and/or distribution-related agreements.
- Knowledge of various technology agreements, including sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM, NDA, alliance and distributor contracts and other agreements commonly used in the high tech industry required.
- Experience working in a fast paced technology, cloud or software environment a plus.
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with sales and product development professionals as well as attorneys and purchasing managers of customers.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating various technology agreements.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Washington preferred.
- Excellent negotiation, written and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge of technology transfer and software-related agreements with a focus on cloud licensing would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and related transactions beneficial.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top