- Seattle, WA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Life at F5 is never dull. For over 20 years, we have been the industry leader in application delivery; and today, we are helping our customers thrive in the new cloud future. The world's largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of security, cloud, and mobility trends.
Now with NGINX, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services spanning from code to customer. Moving forward together, we continue to identify industry trends and disruptions; innovate for future customer needs; and build application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business applications faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success isn't driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. Our culture is how we live, every single day, and it's producing excellent results—not only for our customers but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we're committed to a culture that supports your whole life. If what you've read so far reminds you of yourself, keep reading and send us your resume because we are currently searching for an excellent Corporate Counsel to join our team!
As Corporate Counsel, you will manage and mitigate the Company's legal risks and exposures while providing timely and accurate legal advice for the sales, services, and product development teams.
- Contract administration, including the drafting, review, and negotiation of various commercial agreements, including, but not limited to sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM and distributor agreements
- Administer corporate legal activities to protect the Company's interest.
- Provide professional legal interpretations and recommendations to Company personnel
- Assist the EVP and General Counsel with administrative and legal matters, including the planning, organizing and managing of work activities assigned to the Company's Corporate Counsel and other members of the Legal department
- Prepare, review and negotiate other legal documents
- Manage outside counsel to represent the Company in litigation before courts and administrative tribunals, including the review of legal memoranda and other documents
- Uphold F5's Business Code of Ethics and promptly report violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Your Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Considering the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, list the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform those functions at a competent and proficient level
- Knowledge of various technology agreements, including sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM, NDA, alliance, open-source, as a Service, and distributor contracts and other agreements commonly used in the high-tech industry required
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with sales professionals as well as attorneys and purchasing managers of customers
- Excellent negotiation and written and oral communication skills required
- Knowledge of international sales and licensing agreements and revenue recognition principals beneficial
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating various technology agreements
- Knowledge of international agreements and revenue recognition principals beneficial
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and related transactions beneficial
- Law degree and 5-10 years of business law experience or equivalent experience negotiating complex technology agreements.
- Admitted to practice in location of office preferred
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation time, paid holidays and paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K with company match
- Work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and more
- Quarterly Zoom Out Days to focus on personal and professional growth
- Global Good initiatives like employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Other perks like free transit cards, free vanpools, Social Fridays, etc.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top