- Tokyo, Japan
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Located in Tokyo, Japan.
Through F5 Networks Professional Services, a F5 Consultant delivers Implementations with pre-defined deliverables to F5 customers for a pre-determined price. A Consultant will learn and become an expert on all of F5's core product offerings. Additionally, a Consultant will focus on one of F5's auxiliary product segments to develop additional expertise.
Once a Consultant has established their ability to deliver on pre-defined Implementations, they will be further utilized to deliver on more advanced, scoped, consulting engagements. Consulting engagements can be longer-termed events measured in months or shorter-termed events measured in days.
F5 Consultants are called upon to assist customers and partners in deploying/integrating custom solutions with F5 products. There may be some project management and opportunity scoping but customer expectation management and deliverable fulfillment is required and is the primary focus.
Expect heavy travel for on-site work with customers and partners. This position is not part of the technical support services for F5 Networks and is not a corporate escalation point for customer issues. Incidental mentorship may precipitate from working with other F5 employees, but it is not a performance metric. F5 Consultants often interface with f5 Sales Account Managers, but do not report to any given Account Manager.
- Deliver pre-defined consulting services to F5 customers.
- Assume technical responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to, problem identification, systems architecture definition, hardware/software specification, design, implementation, testing, client training and solution deployment.
- Manage customer interaction and engagement, including documentation and follow-up.
- Maintain working proficiency of F5 products and technologies through self-directed and formal training.
- Maintain availability and flexibility to allow for maximum utilization.
- Deliver work associated with custom scoped Statements of Work to F5 customers.
- Develop Statement of Work creation and Engagement scoping skills.
- Identify additional product/services opportunities within customer's organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge and proficiency in F5 ATM and Security technologies.
- Working knowledge in TCP/IP networking and routing, services such as DNS, SMTP, and HTTP, *nix environment, switches, routers and firewalls in enterprise environments.
- Experience with application level switching and web technologies such as web application firewalls and caching/compression.
- Working knowledge of WAN optimization technologies
- Working knowledge of IPSec and/or SSL VPN technologies
- Working knowledge of ZebOS, BIND, SSH daemons/clients, tcpdump, snoop, ethereal and other packet sniffing software or products
- Working knowledge of IIS, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle or similar web and application platforms
- Working knowledge of with F5 iRule development
- Working knowledge of with scripting and development in Unix shell, Perl, Java, C, .Net or similar environments
- Working knowledge of file virtualization technology
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible.
- Demonstrated strong written communication, presentation writing, and technical documentation skills.
- F5 ATM and Security certifications will be required within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must also be fluent in local language as this role supports our local customers.
- Multiple language skills are a plus.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience supporting a technical environment.
- Should be hands-on and be able to perform the function independently.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top