Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note, our ideal candidate is not necessarily someone who meets all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representative of how we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don't check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
The Consultant Architect Job Overview:
F5 Consultant Architect is responsible for the assurance of all complex designs with their region, either by personally architecting the design or by assuring others' designs. This may require working with other F5 departments, including Product Management, Product Development, Support, Busines Operations and other teams
This role is primarily customer facing and billable.
What you'll do:
The Consultant Architect is enabled to ensure appropriate and consistent technical design, across all solutions offered to our customers; with the aim of minimizing after-sale challenges, such as agreeing to solutions which may be too bespoke to be reasonably supported.
The Consultant Architect has the ability to guide and own new designs from inception to completion. She/he establishes working relationships with employees and organizations across the company; increasing their visibility, perspective, understanding, and opportunity to affect F5's overall solution design strategy.
How you'll do it:
- Technical Design Authority (15% : non-billable)
- As the expert in technology, shapes technical design for our customers' solutions (where PS is involved)
- Liases with Pre-Sales to offer solution design guidance, critically offering best balance between high functionality/complexity verses simplicity/supportablity.
- Responsible for developing and participating with high profile customer presentations.
- Expert Consulting Delivery (70% : billable related)
- Delivers initial complex engagements stages, including 'kick-off' meetings, follow up design sessions and any initial complex configuration; handing over to more junior consultants to complete configuration, testing and operational support (if purchased).
- Delivers high-profile consulting engagements from start to finish, when needed, focussing on creating high-level business relationships and providing strong integration and impact across all aspects of the business.
- Does NOT deliver non-complex or non-high profile engagements.
- Staff Mentoring and design assurance (15% : non-billable)
- Assures i.e. approves (or otherwise) ALL complex designs that have been created by other consultants with the regional team.
- Mentors and maintains a lead role for all consultants regarding Professional Services processes and F5 products.
- Serves as technical and procedural resource for Professional Services Sales staff.
- Maintains expert level proficiency of ALL F5 products and technologies through self-directed and formal training.
- Upholds F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you'll bring:
- Development: Diverse experience with programming and scripting in many languages, such as TCL, Shell, Perl, Python, C, C++, C#, Java, PHP, etc.
- Security: Proficiency in industry standard security technologies and products, including: Network Firewalls, WAFs (Web Application Firewalls), IDS/IPS, etc. Working knowledge of cryptographic concepts and implementations such as SSL/TLS, DNSSEC, PKI, and IPSEC). Experience with risk identification, analysis, assessment, and mitigation. Experience with vulnerability concepts and penetration testing. Working knowledge of SIEM implementations.
- Problem Analysis and Solving Skills: Ability to troubleshoot complex issues down to potential contributing components, identify root case if possible or gather supporting evidence for escalation.
- Communications: Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication. Demonstrated strong written project scoping and technical documentation skills.
- Business Development: Demonstrated ability to create and maintain relationships in varied organizations and assist in the successful creation of relevant service and product offerings.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years experience of related experience.
- Preferred 7 years previous work experience in a Professional Services consultantcy capacity.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table, flexibility to work remotely as well.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- While we encourage remote/virtual meetings, the nature of the role could require travel up to 50% of the time, and working across time zones, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top