Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The F5 Consultant is an innovative engineer working in partnership with our clients, advising them how to use F5 technology solutions in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. They provide guidance and subject matter expertise to customers with regard to implementation and configuration of various F5 products. The F5 Consultant is the face of F5 while engaged on customer projects and a key contributor in fostering a positive relationship between customers and F5 through effective communication and successful delivery of the solutions. They understand and articulate goals and critical success factors for the project, engage in collaborative dialogue to ensure client needs are met, and maintain timely communication.
- Provide basic technical guidance to customers onsite and/or remotely regarding the implementation, configuration and maintenance of the F5 products independently or with a team
- Perform as key contributor for problem identification, systems architecture definition, solution design, implementation, testing, client training, deployment, troubleshooting and documentation
- Maintain working proficiency in F5 products and technologies through self-directed and formal training
- Identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Recognize when technical assistance is needed and take proper steps to ensure quick response and resolution.
Customer Management Focus
- Perform basic engagement management activities including schedule monitoring, project status update reports, and expectation management for the delivery of work products and associated risks
- Manage customer interaction and engagement over the course of the assigned projects; escalate to management if needed.
- Engage with multiple F5 teams including but not limited to F5 Support, F5 Product Sales, and F5 Professional Services Sales
- May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities
- Participate in shadowing activities as needed.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience to work as part of a team of Engineers and to deliver one or several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information.
- Demonstrated understanding of technologies such as firewalling, application availability and security, web gateways, authentication/authorization, encryption, VPN's and network architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing environments.
- Demonstrated strong written communication, presentation writing, and project scoping and technical documentation skills.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent network and/or security projects, preferred.
Professional Services (Instructions: Delete this section including the red text if this is a Traffix Role. Delete only the red text if this is a PS role)
- Working knowledge of, and proficiency in, F5 ADC and industry standard technologies and products: Firewalls, WAFs, Routing, Switching, Multi-Tier Applications
- Knowledge of common networking concepts with a thorough understanding of Ethernet, IP (IPv4 and IPv6), TCP, and UDP.
- Working knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows variants.
- Knowledge of DNS related tools and technologies: BIND, named
- Working knowledge of cryptographic concepts and implementations: OpenSSL, DNSSEC, SSL/TLS, PKI, IKE
- Working knowledge of AAA related technologies: Active Directory (AD), LDAP, NTLM, Kerberos, SAML, RADIUS, DIAMETER, and TACACS. VPN and tunneling technologies: IPsec, SSL, PPTP, GRE, MPLS IIS, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle or similar web and application platforms.
- Scripting and development experience in such areas asF5 iRules, Unix Shell, Perl, Python, C, C++, C#.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with a focus on architecture and design of network or systems infrastructure, performance and management
- At least 2 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table. When not on-site at customer location, the position may be remote or at nearest F5 office.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer / laptop, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 70% via automobile and airplane, and may require periodically outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
This role involves customer facing engagements and may be subject to additional background check requirements per customer requests. All screenings and results will be subject to applicable law and F5 policies, and may be used to determine work assignment or further employment eligibility.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top