Cloud Solution Architect
- Beijing, China
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Solutions Architect (SA) position is a technical leadership role supporting a Sales region. Architects are typically assigned a technology area to focus on such as Cloud, DevOps, Security, Service Provider.
The SA's primary function is to work collaboratively with Sales teams identifying appropriate F5 solutions to address customers' business needs. They provide technical expertise and business understanding across specific or multiple industries. They champion our customers' requirements and ensure they are understood across other teams within F5 such as Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Product Development.
The SA also shares knowledge and educates the solution engineering team internally and externally via whitepapers, trainings, blogs, tech-tips, presentations etc.
To be effective, an SA needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge on both F5 products and the "eco-system" that we work in. Fear not, we do provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
We look for candidates with a learner mindset, curiosity, ability to take risks, make mistakes, and deal with ambiguity.
What you'll do?
- Work on strategic opportunities within the assigned region/area of specialization and provide technical expertise
- Play the role of an evangelist, and thought leader in the area of technical specialization
- Collaborate with other solution architects and internal business leaders to share ideas, identify common customer pain points and trends and identify appropriate F5 solutions
- Work closely with our internal product management and services teams and provide technical and business understanding for product launches and updates that would be beneficial for our customers
- Provide mentorship as needed to the Solution Engineering community in the organization
How you'll do it:
- Demonstrate a strong vertical market skill and knowledge: Service Providers, Cloud, BFSI
- Advanced knowledge of Data Center, Virtualization and Cloud computing
- Cloud and Cloud Security Solution designs
- VMware NSX
- Cisco ACI
- Knowledge of integration with Orchestration and Automation tools such as
- Extensive knowledge in Modern Operating systems
- Experience in Presales as a Systems Engineer and End to End Security Architect.
- Drives definition of end-to-end customer requirements
- Create and facilitate technical sales presentations
- Proven experience building security reference architecture for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
What you'll bring:
- Experience in speaking at industry/customer events, publishing whitepapers/solution articles, blogs, tech-tips etc
- Extensive experience making product demonstrations and technical presentations to technical and business leads
- Deep knowledge of F5 Solutions
- 8+ years of related industry experience
- Relevant certifications a plus
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Excellent Public presentation skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese
What you'll get:
- While we practice remote/virtual meetings, the nature of the role requires face to face interactions with clients, partners and colleagues, and sometimes require working across time zones for collaborating with overseas and headquarters offices.
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top