Cloud Services Support Engineer
- Guadalajara, Mexico
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The F5 Cloud Services team is on the leading edge of F5 technologies!
As a Support Engineer for our team, we're excited that you'll also be at the forefront of the new frontier for F5 Networks. This new technology suite requires a new attitude in how to support it. You will be the pioneers of the Cloud Services support team and work closely with development and product management. A diligent attitude is a must to ensure that everything is detailed optimally for our customers. You'll be responsible for fielding incoming customer tickets, build new documentation from those tickets, and interact closely with Product Management to ensure the best overall product is being presented to customers.
Attractions of the job
This is an entirely new opportunity within the F5 portfolio. You'll pave the way for future support engineers within the organization. If you're a trailblazer, and like challenges that may not have clear steps to resolve, then this is the position for you!
What will you do?
- Assist customers with a wide array of issues, from simple to complex.
- Engage with customers via phone, email, chat & ticketing systems.
- Be able to communicate complex networking and security concepts to customers at different levels of experience and responsibility.
- Work hand in hand with Product Development and Product Management teams to provide a "voice of the customer".
- Build and maintain a wide variety of processes, procedures and documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to inspire change through effective, communication, planning, and execution
- Able to excel in a dynamic, always-on organization
- Able to convert broad targets and objectives into a discreet list, set priorities for yourself and others, and meet objectives
- Shown understanding of security concepts, including Layer 7 DDoS attack mitigation, web security, WAF, bots, and other Layer 4-7 protection/mitigation strategies.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Strong knowledge in DNS and troubleshooting methods is a plus
- Knowledge of telemetry or aggregate reporting technologies is an advantage
- Robust troubleshooting and problem-solving ability including analytical thinking and validated attention to detail
- Skilled understanding of HTTP
- Fundamental Linux skills
- Ability to perform log file analysis
- Comfortable working with moderate supervision
- Ability to develop creative, efficient solutions to complex problems
- Ability to define, configure and handle (in real-time, on production networks) security policies encouraging RFC compliance, signature-based protection, and defending against bots, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, web scraping, CSRF, brute force, cookie manipulation, parameter tampering, and other emerging Layer 4-7 attacks/vulnerabilities
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently, including moderately complex technical concepts. Additional languages a plus.
- Proven skills in MS Office and with standard professional applications.
- Showcase of 5+ years of experience working in the Information Technology or Information Security fields
- Shown background in customer service/support and IT, network or IT security incident management
- Experience with corporate customers in production environments
- A Bachelor's degree or similar work experience
- Equal relief working independently or collaborating across teams to deliver results.
- Excellent ethical and professional standards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a corporate environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- This role requires occasional availability outside normal business hours to align with the global team or work with global customers.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top