Cloud Native Product Engineer
- Austin, TX
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Aspen Mesh is growing its customer support team to keep pace with the business and is looking for a highly technical, customer-facing support engineer. In this role, you will support our enterprise and service provider customers as they architect, implement, and operate their service mesh solutions. You'll also work closely with our internal customer and engineering teams.
Aspen Mesh is building an enterprise-class service mesh solution, led by some of the brightest minds in the container networking field. This is an opportunity to advance your career in the cloud native and microservices spaces by gaining deep hands-on expertise in technologies such as Istio, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Envoy and more in cloud environments such AWS, Azure and GCP. Each day, you'll get to work alongside experts in these technologies as you contribute to our customers' success and to the Aspen Mesh product. If you enjoy being challenged with a mix of systems design, architectural problem-solving and in-the-weeds troubleshooting, this is the position for you!
What will you do?
- Assist customers with a wide array of issues, from simple to complex.
- Take ownership of customer tickets and drive them to resolution.
- Respond to and resolve customer issues in a timely, professional manner, to the customer's happiness.
- Assist with maintaining and detailing documentation to ensure free flow of information and knowledge.
- Experiment with new Aspen Mesh and Istio releases to learn more about the product, test new features, and explore use cases to better understand and support customers' needs.
- Research customer issues and Istio configurations in order to respond to customer queries.
- Listen for unmet needs that Aspen Mesh might be able to solve and communicate those to the product team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good experience with Linux command line and administration.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, and Kubernetes/Kubernetes distributions (OpenShift, AWS EKS, GKE, etc.).
- Familiarity with popular cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- An understanding of microservice architectures, and the benefits and challenges that they bring.
- Proven grasp of TCP/IP networking, web and security technologies (HTTP/HTTP2, DNS, TLS/SSL, load balancing, authorization, etc.).
- Knowledge of KCS (Knowledge Centered Services) a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with proven ability to identify problems and bring solutions to the table
- Strong documentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical details in writing.
- Excited and ready to learn and work with new, constantly evolving technologies in the cloud and open source spaces.
- Strong troubleshooting skills. This individual will need to be able to spot common customer configuration issues.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently, including moderately complex technical concepts. Additional languages a plus.
- Solid skills in MS Office and with standard professional applications.
How do you qualify?
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience working in the Information Technology or Information Security fields
- Shown background in customer service/support and IT, network or IT security incident management
- Experience with corporate customers in production environments
- Hold a Bachelor's degree or showcase equivalent experience
- Known to work handling complex projects from start to finish, working optimally across functional teams.
- Excellent ethical and professional standards.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top